13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2016 7:05 AM by Tanuj Sandal

Map not visible in Linghtroom

bcbcok Level 1

I have the problem with Lightroom 6.3 on Windows 10.  Gray screen.  I'd not used the Map module the last months, but before that, that's working well.   My photos is geotagged.

I tried nearly all post's suggestion on this subject like (GPU, grafic processor, Flash player, permissions on Flashplayer's folder, internet adblocks, network issues) and all seems ok, but the problem remain : the map doesn't display, nothing.  I have no other idea nor solution.

• 1. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi bcbcok,

Could you please let me know if you have the Licences version of Lightroom , or is it the Trial version ?

Also does the Map module show as gray for all the images ?

And please try to Calibrate the Monitor once : How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted?

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
            bcbcok Level 1

Thank you very much for your quick response and for your help.

here are the answers :

1) I have the Licences version of Lightroom, not the trial

However I noticed that synchronize with mobile Lightroom appeared. Is it possible that I passed automatically (without my knowledge) in trial mode for mobile Lightroom ? Or Creatice cloud ?  I went on my Adobe account and I get this message "Your trial expires in 28 days" on the tab "your synced catalog".  Also, this message "Your formula: Free subscription to Creative Cloud.  You have access to free trial versions of all our products, limited access to services".  Maybe related with my problem ??

2)  Yes, the Map module show as gray for all the images

3) Nothing has changed after applying the calibration procedure

Bruno

• 3. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom

Please uninstall the application and then reinstall it using the serial number for Lightroom 6.

• 4. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                bcbcok Level 1

I have seen in the Windows programs management panel that there was Adobe Creative cloud that had installed himself. I uninstalled it and the Lightroom map module became active again.

Thank you very much ! 

• 5. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom

You are Welcome, Glad to help.

• 6. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                    bcbcok Level 1

Unfortunately, the problem reappeared. 

As I think there is a link with the trial mode of creative cloud that appeared in my Adobe account, I checked if the cloud Creative program I had uninstalled had re-install on my computer, but no. It is not there. 

In Lightroom, I had done Help->sign out,  to see if I will be definitely disconnected from Creative Cloud. I closed and reopened Lightroom. The program asked me my login information (username and password), I filled, and then the program does not respond, he did not even open. The login windows waiting.

I have no option to opt out from the creative cloud trial, and no number to phone Adobe. 

Now, I need help again!

• 7. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                      bcbcok Level 1

I installed the new version 6.4 of Lightroom and was able to connect by removing the connection database file opm.db OODB (in Appdata/local), which was probably corrupt. Once Lightroom opened, I checked the Map module and it is still not working. I am always in restricted mode by the trial mode Creative Cloud (I never asked that!). I am now on the Lightroom CC 2015.4 version instead of the stand alone version! What annoyance Adobe

How to return to the full functionnality version and disabled CC mobile ?

• 8. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom

Please uninstall the Application once from the Control Panel, and then reinstall it from the following link : Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

• 9. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                          bcbcok Level 1

Thank you Tanuj,

After proceeding with uninstalll/reinstallation, Lightroom will surely ask me to log in with my Adobe account.  As my account have damn (unrequested) creative cloud free trial, that I can not remove by myself, I have the impression that I will have the same result (reduced functionality).

In addition, I anticipate other problems with this solution and a lot of work (to reinstall the plugins, catalog, my customization of the software, etc.). I repeat that I use Lightroom standalone long time without any problem, and the problem happened with the creative cloud.  I also made the upgrade to the last version yesterday (6.4).

So before reinstalling, do you have a solution to eliminate the problem (at source), could you (or somebody at Adobe) remove the free trial creative cloud from my account?

Thank you again for your help

• 10. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                            bcbcok Level 1

I still have my problem, is it possible to get an answer to my questions ???

• 11. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom

In order to remove free trial of Creative Cloud, you need to uninstall Creative Cloud completely from your computer.

Please use CC Cleaner Tool to remove Creative Cloud from the computer : Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

• 12. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom
                                bcbcok Level 1

I executed CCleaner tool and lightroom was uninstalled from my computer.

I then installed Lighthroom, and the problem is still the same. I am in reduced mode, courtesy of the CC trial mode. My account still contains Adobe CC trial mode.

I think working on my computer is useless, as my account has this damned trial CC mode. I repeat my question: do you have a solution to eliminate the problem (at source), could you (or somebody at Adobe) remove the free trial creative cloud from my account?

• 13. Re: Map not visible in Linghtroom

I am sending you a Private Message , please check and reply.