3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 7:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Incompatible Display Driver Pop-up

derekroiter

I keep getting the "incompatible display driver" pop-up, yet I've already updated my display drivers and even tried the "baddriver" computer search without any luck. What else can I try to fix this issue? Thanks a bunch!

• 1. Re: Incompatible Display Driver Pop-up
          A.T. Romano Level 7

derekroiter

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system? How many video cards/graphic cards does your computer use? Please confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters (if Windows).

Did you find and delete the BadDrivers.txt file? If not, try again. That deletion can be a life saver in this type of situation.

To find it, please remember to enable the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. See the following for full details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Please consider, and supply details. If questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Incompatible Display Driver Pop-up
            derekroiter Level 1

I have premiere 11, windows vista.

I used that exact link to try to find and delete the baddriver.txt file, but no luck, even with changing all of the settings and such.

• 3. Re: Incompatible Display Driver Pop-up
              A.T. Romano Level 7

derekroiter

Thanks for the follow up.

You say that you have Windows Vista and are using Premiere Elements 11. Premiere Elements would be running as a 32 bit application in the computer choice whether you had Windows Vista 32 bit or 64 bit. Nonetheless, which do you have Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit computer? If you have Vista 64 bit and if you have not done so before, please check out the BadDrivers.txt field location given for Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I would not continue on this point except many who need the BadDrivers.txt file overlook it in the search. Never had Vista so I am not sure of its directories. But, I am assuming that it is more like Windows 7 than XP.

Would you consider posting a screenshot of what you are finding where the BadDrivers.txt file should be for Premiere Elements 11 if it were using Windows 7 64 bit?

Did you say if your computer uses 1 or 2 video cards/graphics cards? Please confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters.

Thank you.

ATR