11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 7:24 AM by BaroneHK

Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar

BaroneHK

Hatte ich bisher z.B. durch Umbenennung oder Verschiebung einer einzelnen oder mehrerer Projektdateien einen fehlerhafte Dateizuordnung, dann zeigt PRE-11 den Namen der Datei an und offerierte ein Fenster des FINDERS, um eine neue Zuordnung zu erstellen.

Seit einiger Zeit (vermutlich seit upgrade auf OS X El Capitan ??) wird beim Öffnen eines Projektes, bei dem eine fehlerhafte Dateizuordnung festgestellt wird, nicht mehr der nicht Dateiname der fehlerhaften Link angegeben, sondern nur noch das FINDER-Fenster gezeigt. Man weiss also garnicht nach was man suchen, bzw. was man neu zuordnen soll.

Wer kennt das Problem/ hat eine Lösung dazu??

PRE-11_Datei-Zuordnung.jpg

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A word of advice (but you probably already know this) Do not move things around or rename while working on a project unless you know what you are doing.

The light grey stuff is no longer available probably due to renaming or moving around.

This is not an Elements issue but rather a Mac.

This might help

How to fix a grayed out folder on the Mac - Davinder Mahal

Or post your question on a Mac forum

Official | Apple Support Communities

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
            A.T. Romano Level 7

BaroneHK

Please determine if the following is applicable to your situation.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, nonetheless are you basically saying that, after you saved closed a project file, you moved, deleted, or renamed files and folders that went into your project's Timeline? If that is the case, when you re-open the project, you should be getting "Where is the file _______?" messages. It is those messages that are used to reconnect the association between the project file and its source media.

When these messages appear and are opened, what you see does not necessary reflect that the files that you want are there. You have to know where the specifically named files are that the project is specially looking for and go there.

What is happening? Is the project file refusing to open so that you do not get to see missing media message? What happens if you move the files back to where they were and then try to open the project file?

Please consider and comment.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
              A.T. Romano Level 7

BaroneHK

I did not see any posts by others until after I posted my reply (post 2) so my comments were independently made.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                BaroneHK Level 1

Thanks for both posts, ATR.

I wonder whether I could make my problem clear enough. Let me try again: once in while I rename files, which are already part of a specific project or maybe I move a whole folder to an other place. So far, this has never been a problem, because PRE-11 would ask me that specific question "Where is the file __xyz_____?“ So I could reconnect the file or files.

As you look onto the screenshot (which I posted in the first place), you can see that message window; but it does not ask "Where is the file __xyz_____?“; it just gives me a somehow random section of the finder. There is not a single hint, what files causes a problem. So I do not know, what to reconnect.

Pls comment.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                  BaroneHK Level 1

Thanks, but this is not quite my problem. As I replied to ATR, the problem is, that the software does not ask me the "Where is the file _______?“ message. Instead it only shows me the FINDER. That way I cannot reconnect a missing file. Thanks for looking into it

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Elements wont ask you were the files are as the files are no longer available (the are grayed out) on your mac.

By moving or renaming the have most likely become corrupt.

You could do a Search on your system.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                      BaroneHK Level 1

Sorry, Ann Bens:

1) the files are definitely still there. They are grayed out because they are not the TYPE of file PRE-11 is looking for. The example I present is looking for MOV-files.

2) the files are definitely NOT corrupt

3) I could search the file on the system, if the system tells me which file cannot be connected

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

BaroneHK

I had posted another post, but I do not see it posted. But, to replace that if it ever appears, I would add these comments in spite of the fact that I an strictly an Elements Windows user.

Beyond the following, I can offer no more on this Mac condition.....you say that you do not know what missing files to look for in the Finder when you try to open a saved closed project and get stuck facing the Finder to look for and reconnect missing media in the project. If that is correct, then please read on.

The Finder dialog that you give in your screenshot has a Alle Uberspringen (Skip All) button.

In the Windows condition, the "Where is the file ______xyz?" message has a Skip All button. Rather than go through all the messages to get into the project, you can click Skip All.

That gets you into the project where you will see all the files that are missing represented by colorful offline display. And, you should be able to see the file name for each. Does this not tell you what files are missing and need to be reconnected?

Please consider and let us know the above has merit in your Premiere Elements Mac condition.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                          BaroneHK Level 1

Hi ATR,

I understand, that you - as a Windows user - can not quite support a Mac problem; and I am pretty sure, that my problem came along with the latest OS-X update (to El Capitan).

Also I can tell you, that I have been working with PRE-11 for approx. 4 to 5 years and I know it quite well.

So sometimes it may happen, that I did not work on a certain project for a while. As I then get back to it, I might have moved files to other drives or so. Even little renaming actions for "speaking" video clips cause the problem now.

Certainly I know, that there is a "Skip All" button, which will get me into the project right away. You said: "That gets you into the project where you will see all the files that are missing represented by colorful offline display."

But ....

- afterwards I might have to go through many missing files and reconnect them, piece by piece

- today it happened to me, when I opened a "archived" project, where PRE had added the word "sound" to a video file (since I had removed the VIDEO- and just left the AUDIO-part)

- it just does not make any sense, that a software asks me to reconnect a file and does not provide me with the name of that specific file - it just offers me a folder structure based on the last activity or so

Once again: the way it worked so far, was much more convenient. The system told me, which file cannot be connect and if (let's say) 100 files where in the same directory, they all got recognized and reconnect with one single click.

For a moment or two, I thought that I could solution my problem it by upgrading to PRE-14. So I downloaded the Image, installed it for a completely new USER and tried it our: same situation.

What else can I do? Maybe go back to OS-X Yosemite (the previous version) and try it that way.

Thank you so much for your time.

Greetings from BaroneHK

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

BaroneHK

Thank you for taking the time to explain your Premiere Elements Mac situation further.

Although, as said, I am strictly an Elements Windows user, I am still interested in your progress.

So, as your time permits, I would like to learn of your progress reverting from El Capitan to Yosemite and other.

I am trying to keep track of as much Premiere Elements Mac problems/solutions as I can to be helpful. I have summarized some of them in the following.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 14: Premiere Elements 14 Mac Only Adobe Solutions For Three Known Issues

I hope that you do not ever have those problems that will need those solutions.

Best wishes

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 11 auf iMac: Dateiname bei fehlerhaften Zuordnung nicht mehr sichtbar
                              BaroneHK Level 1

Hi ATR,

here is my update: I do not have to "revert" to OS X Yosemite.

I created a sep. partition on my iMac and installed (no extra cost within the OS X environment) a complete new/ extra YOSEMITE partition.

Guess what happened: it works the way I expect it >> screenshot attached.

Adobe-PRE_with_Yosemite.jpg

There you can see the question "Where is file "00844.MTS"? providing me with the option to browse through the FINDER and point towards the renamed file "00844_Test.MTS".

Now the question is: do I (as a customer) have to search for a solution between Adobe and Apple i.e. to address the problem?

Can you help? Thanks!!

Greetings from Germany,

BaroneHK