21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 2:26 AM by Gini2110

Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen

Gini2110

ich habe einen Vorspann mit Bildern und Text erstellt und beim abspielen hakt der Film trotz rendern. Nagelneues HP Laptop Star Wars Edition. Hilfeeee! Premiere Elements 14. keine Probleme mit 12 auf Sony Vaio Laptop.

• 1. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini2110

What computer operating system for Premiere Elements 14? Have you updated 14 to 14.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What do you have on the Expert workspace Timeline track(s) -

a. Does header = title file (Motion Title or Classic Title) or just a text title file acting as Title for the frame?

b. Images = video or still images or both - please give format and properties

c. Text = what is that compared to "header"

What project preset is being used for the project? Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General)

Aside from Premiere Elements version, what are the differences between computer resources for HP and Sony computers?

Video card/graphic card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card?

Running the program as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

Is the problem confined to the previewing in Edit area, or do you also have the problem in a mini test run of the export of that Timeline content?

Please consider, give more details, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
            Gini2110 Level 1

I have changed the project Setting by creating a new project from NTSC to PAL. Updated to 14.1. but still the Same problems. In Project settings in PE12 I could choose HDV, in PE14 only WDM Shows up. Will try to answer the other questions, but some might be too difficult for me to understand and answer. Will do my best.

• 3. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini2110

Thank you for the reply.

Not to worry, whatever you do not understand, I will write another way. Let us start this way.

The important things that we need to know at the beginning -

1. What PAL project preset did you set? Did you do that in Premiere Elements 14 Expert workspace File Menu/New/Project and change settings?

PEProjectPreset.JPG

2. Why did you change the project preset?

3. What is a description of the files that you imported into the project and placed on the Expert workspace Timeline? Were they video or pictures?

Can you describe the file properties? If pictures, what is the width and height in pixels and frame aspect ratio (like 1920 x 1080 16:9 or something else)?

If video,resolution and format (like 1920 x 1080 H.264.mp4 or other),

4. We want to be working with a project with project settings that match the properties of the imported files.

5. When viewing the files on the Timeline, we do not want an orange line over the Timeline content. The following screenshot shows the orange line that I am referring to.

Render11.JPG

The screenshot is from Premiere Elements 11, but same principle in Premiere Elements 14.

We want to put all of the above together to determine why your Timeline Indicator is getting stuck when you play the Timeline content in Edit area.

Please let me know if the above is understood.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                Gini2110 Level 1

Dear ATR,

thanks for your "translation" :-)

First, I did a test run means I have exported the project (burned on a BluRay) and the movie is running very well. No problems when playing with the BluRay Player on the Computer. Will try to play on the TV later.

1. I have realized that the first project with the problems was set to AVCHD Mode, which is not correct. So I have created a new project and changed the settings in the new project to PAL AVCHD Full HD 1080i 25, which is the same setting as in the past for the other projects created with PE 12.

So all settings were equal to PE 12, except for the Recordering where there is only one option "WDM-Recordering (in PE 12 I could choose "HDV").

2. Because of the known problems I have checked the project settings and changed them from NTSC to PAL.

3. I have created an intro (same as in previous projects) and used pictures and also titles. First picture is the Earth and I have added flashes to it. This did never cause problems when playing in timeline in previous projects. Then added other pictures together with script flying in/appearing. All are JPEGs. 238 KB size for example. So far the project is only 2 minutes, but all animated content is not playing correct (stucks sometimes).

I have rendered the project and the time line shows a green line, so everything should run smoothly.

Renderquality is set to: High Quality, lower.

I have also downloaded the most actual Quick time player and Windows Media Player. Checked also the requirements of the laptop and all are satisfactory for PE 14. The HP Laptop "Star Wars Edition" has been recommded by the sales person, when I told him, for which reason I do need it.

I do hope that I could answer all questions.

Thanks and best regards,

Gini

• 5. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Thank you for the reply.

Consider 1

You are in Edit Menu/Project Settings/Capture which are settings that do not apply to you. You are not doing a DV or HDV Capture. You want to see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. That is what is important to you in deciding if your project settings match the properties of the video that you are editing.

Detail

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1 do not have the feature DV or HDV data capture firewire into a Premiere Elements Capture Window. Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is the last version that has that feature.

From your description, you are in Edit Menu/Project Settings/Capture where now there is only WDM Capture which relates to the remaining WebCam feature. Version 14 does not have DV and HDV capture, so no DV or HDV choice there. Remember, you are not doing Capture..there is no more.Add Media/DV Camcorder or HDV Camcorder. You are doing Add Media/Files and Folders.

Consider 2

You describe your problem as Timeline Indicator sticking as it moves from left to right when you hit the monitor Play button or hit the computer space bar.

So next to the effects applied. You wrote "First picture is the Earth and I have added flashes to it".

a. Does the Timeline content playback stick if you do not add the flashes?

b. Where are the animation content coming from --- animations created within the project or did you import animated files into the project?

Consider 3

Right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality, followed by Highest instead of Automatic.

and

Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

ATR

• 6. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                    Gini2110 Level 1

Hi again. Thanks for all your help and explanations.

I had already set Playback quality to highest:-)

I just saw that the animation content (motion title) has a different frame rate (29,97 fps) than the added photos and test Videos (all 25,00 fps).

When playing the Earth photo and the Videos and other photos (all 25 fps)  the Timeline indicator does not stick anymore.   I have to ask my husband where those animated titles come from.

Will also Check the graphics card driver for possible Update.

Keep you informed.

Gini

• 7. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                      Gini2110 Level 1

the animated Text is Chosen from PE. Called Typographin.

• 8. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Thank you for the update.

We will look forward to your follow up as your time permits.

Please confirm if there is any Timeline Indicator sticking with any of the rendered files at this time.

Interesting observation about the frame rate of the Motion Titles. I have found that it stays at 29.97 frames per second whether the project preset is a NTSC or PAL one.

If the frame rate of the Motion Title is a problem, let us see if the following affects that....

go to fx Effects/Video/Time/Posterize Time and drag the Posterize Time effect into the Timeline Motion Title file. Then, select the Timeline Motion Title file, and, under Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Posterize Time Panel expanded, move the slider to frame rate = 25.

Before making any judgment on troubleshooting changes, compare what you are experiencing in the workspace versus what you see in the viewing of the export of that Timeline content.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

I have found the group of Motion Titles that I believe that you are using. They are named Typography, and there are choices 01 to 07. Which one are you using or are you trying all and have the same problems with each. What are you doing to the Motion Title to edit it?

Did applying the Posterize Time Effect "25" to the Motion Title help to minimize or get rid of the sticking Timeline content playback? When the Timeline playback was sticking was the Time Indicator moving over Motion Title, just animated video clip, or both?

I hope that you can get some information together about the animated clips since I am wondering if the Timeline instability is due to the animated video clips or Motion Titles or both.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                            Gini2110 Level 1

good evening ATR

yes the titles I am using are  named Typography and I have used two of Seven. Both are causing the sticking Problem. Means the timeline indicator is moving on only the motion title sticks. I will try some other motion titles and See if this happens too.

The Flashes added to the picture of the Earth are also from Fx. Video. Render.

They did work properly in PE 12.

Applying the posterize time effect did not help to get rid of the sticking Timeline. :-(

But the export (on a BluRay) showed that there are no Problems. Only when playing in the Timeline the animated motion titles caused Problems. All other Videos or photos (without any animations or Text added) are ok.

sorry for my bad english...

best regards,

Gini

• 11. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Thank you for the update. Appreciated. Your English is good.

From what you wrote, the good news is that the problem is not in the export. But still, the preview in the project has problems.

Please let us look at the video card/graphics card that your computer uses. Is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Also, please go to Device Manager/Display Adapters/ and tell us if your computer uses 1 or 2 video cards/graphics cards? I went online to read about your computer. From what I read, it is probably NVIDIA GeForce. Whatever the card, we need to make sure that the driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. If there are more than 1 card, that could be a problem. Do you see any mention of Intel HD Graphics?

You already have done important settings

a. Playback Setting = Highest instead of Automatic

and

b. Preferences for Timeline Rendering Quality = High quality/Slow speed.....this one applies only to high definition projects.

Also, check the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder to make sure that you do not have a very large amount of preview files there.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                Gini2110 Level 1

ATR

sorry hit the Button before answering. I will check everything you mentioned but can only do it tomorrow. Keep you posted :-)

thanks a lot

• 14. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions. Tomorrow or whenever your schedule permits will be fine.

Best wishes

ATR

• 15. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                    Gini2110 Level 1

Hi ATR

I have updated TWO Graphic cards: NVidia GE Force 940M and Intel CR/HD Graphics 520 to the newest versions. So the Computer has 2 Graphic cards.

I Have checked the Preview FileFolder and there are only 2 files.

BR

Gini

• 16. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Good morning and Good Day

Premiere Elements typically does not do well with the computer that uses 2 video card/graphics cards.

Have you explored disabling one or the other to determine if that makes a difference in your Premiere Elements projects.

Good news that you do not have a lots of preview files that have built up in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder. Those previews can add up to large GB amounts if they are not managed by deletion from time to time.

ATR

• 17. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                        Gini2110 Level 1

Aditional info: the old Sony Laptop has only one graphic Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 425M.

• 18. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                          Gini2110 Level 1

:-( Intel deactivated.... problem still there. But as the Imported project does not show any problems I am about to accept this minor problem in the preview....

• 19. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Gini

Thanks for the update.

Did deactivating the NVIDIA and just using the Intel HD Graphics improve the situation?

Also, please consider contacting NVIDIA about any possible adjustments that might be made to the NVIDIA controls in your computer to make for a better interaction with the Intel HD Graphics and Premiere Elements previewing?

But, if the previewing issues are minor and not significantly affecting your editing, and you are getting the good export results, I would probably move on as is.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 20. Re: Film ruckelt im Projekt beim abspielen
                                              Gini2110 Level 1

Thank you very much for all your help, ATR! If I find the solution I will inform you!

Best regRadsgards!

Gini