6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

export to computer file with dvd menu?

todde26202

Hi,

I would like to export my home movies from Premiere Elements to my computer (Mac) and use QuickTime or something to play it, but would like to have the DVD menus so I can navigate the chapters easily. Is this possible? I haven't been able to find a way to do it.

Thanks,

Todd

• 1. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Todd

You cannot export to file with menu in Premiere Elements.

What formats are your home movies now - format on disc with menus or other?

In case further program/computer information is needed, what versions, what operating systems involved?

ATR

• 2. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
            todde26202 Level 1

Thanks for the reply ATR. Right now my movies are in video clips that I've captured either from old Digital Video tapes (yes - I'm way behind on the home movies...), iPhones, and GoPro Camera. I can easily export the individual clips and know how to use Adobe Premiere Elements to author and burn a DVD or Blu-Ray. I guess my goal is to recreate the DVD/Blu-Ray experience on my computer. I have a Synology NAS where I store all my iTunes music, movies, etc., as well as all my photos and home movies. I was hoping to be able to just have soft copies of my complete home movies but instead of a single file that just plays through I wanted to have the menu capability where you can choose which clip you are watching. Make sense?

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan (10.11.2) and am using Adobe Premiere Elements v.14.

I guess one option would be to actually burn a disc and then use a disc ripper program that can convert the menus as well...

Thanks again for your reply and in advance for any others!

• 3. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Todd

Add On to post 1....

Probably does not fit into your plans....but you can export your Timeline content to file (AVCHD.mp4) and then upload the file to YouTube at the YouTube web site where you can apply Chapter markers.

ATR

• 4. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Todd

I did not see your detailed reply until after I had posted my post numbered 3. Thanks for those details.

Somethings for you to explore....have you considered taking your Timeline content and applied menu to burn to ISO Image.

Do any of your devices support playback of the ISO Image which should represent the menus and video presentation?

• 5. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
                  todde26202 Level 1

Thanks again! I had originally saved the video as an iso image, but had not been successful playing it on the Mac. However, I did some more research today and found a free app, the Leawo DVD Player for Mac, the does it just fine. Free DVD ISO Player Mac - Play DVD ISO Files on Mac | Leawo Tutorial Center

So, now I plan to save my videos as both an ISO image and as an mp4 so I can bring it into iTunes but I can also play as a DVD with the menu.

Thanks for responding!

• 6. Re: export to computer file with dvd menu?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

todde26202

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of success with the .iso image for your purposes. Well done.

And, thank you for sharing the details of what worked for you. Appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR