7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 5:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?

raymondl63242056

Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?

• 1. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

raymondl

Premiere Elements 8 and its Elements Organizer 8 should not interfere with what is going on in Premiere Elements 14 and its Elements Organizer 14.

Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 are standalone programs, each coming with its own Elements Organizer 14. When they are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 14 catalog.

Elements Organizer 14 is different than the one in 8.0/8.0.1. The Elements Organizer 14 slideshow is outputted as a "canned" slideshow AVCHD.mp4 file (720p or 1080p) saved to the computer hard drive. It can be imported into Premiere Elements 14/14.1 Editor as source media as would other .mp4 file. Are you have problems importing this .mp4 file into a Premiere Elements project?

Please explain what difficulties you are having with regard to the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 and its output.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
            raymondl63242056 Level 1

ATR

Thanks; your response answered my initial question.  However, here are the difficulties I am having with my newly installed PS/Elements:

After making an ALBUM in PS, I made a SS w/captions.  Then used CREATE menu and selected “make DVD w/menu”.  Moved same SS to the screen provided, clicked NEXT and nothing happens as I believe it should.  Namely, nothing was sent to ELEMENTS EDITOR.  Having used Versions 8/9 for many years, my assumption is that Version 14 works the same.  However, after many attempts it did not work so I need additional assistance please!

In a further attempt to solve my dilemma, I also tried the following:  Did a SAVE AS while in the SS.  Menu box says file saves to media browser.  I was never successful in finding my file where I thought it was supposed to be sent.  Strangely, I did actually find reference to my file in my computer TRASH listed as a 63KB “psessc file”.  Again I need help in understanding this dilemma.

raymondl

• 3. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

raymondl

Given you create your Album in the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 and you click on Create/DVD with Menu.

The DVD with Menu option is not the same as the Elements Organizer 14/14.1 Slideshow feature. That said....

All the DVD with Menu option will accept

a.  "Slideshow Project", the slideshow created in Create/Slideshow and saved to the Elements Organizer

b. the AVCHD.mp4 (export of the slideshow to hard drive, 720p or 1080p) from the Create/Slideshow process.

From what you wrote, you have nothing to contribute to the DVD with Menu option in the way of a video file or the Slideshow Project file from the Create/Slideshow Process.

If you had, you would select those files, hit Next, and be propelled to Premiere Elements Editor Movie Menu section, and then left to go to Export & Share for the burn to.

There is no more Edit with Premiere Elements in the new Elements Organizer 14 Slideshow feature. Please check out the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/create-slide-shows.html

and then we can go into these details further if necessary. I can supply supplemental screenshots if necessary.

ATR

• 4. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
                raymondl63242056 Level 1

ATR,

Thanks again.  Printed & used the “Create SS” you suggested.  Unfortunately, I’ve encountered another problem.

I created a MP4 Video.  From Elements CREATE I chose Create DVD w/menu and inserted the MP4 Video file to the screen provided.  Upon hitting NEXT the screen then showed that Elements was “initializing”, then as the screen showed it was importing media the following message was displayed: 

“Adobe Elements has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”  Same occurred each time I tried last night & this morning. No further response from Windows.  Your assistance will again be appreciated. 

raymondl

• 5. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

raymondl

Thanks for the follow up.

Where did you create your MP4 video that you are taking into the Create/"DVD with menu"?

As a first troubleshooting step, please import the .mp4 file directly into a Premiere Elements 14 Editor project using the project's Add Media/Files and Folders/.

Does the file import successfully or does it crash the project?

If it is OK in the import into the Editor, then please tell me how you created the .mp4. Export settings to get the file's video and audio properties.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
                    raymondl63242056 Level 1

ATR,

I created my MP4 video by using the previous SS I created which was residing in Elements Organizer.  Opened the SS, used EXPORT to send to Local Disk.  MP4 was created and then sent to Elements Organizer as a video.

I then opened Premiere Elements separately, used Video Editor and then added the video from Elements.  Video file imported successfully.  From this completed action I was then able to successfully create a DVD w/menus.

The file’s video & audio properties are:

Format MP4-H.264

HD 720

1280 X 720

Frame rate 30

Audio AAC, 160 Kbps

48 KHz, Stereo

Audio MP3 Format

While I still do not understand why Elements kept crashing on me as I described to you yesterday, I am glad that I seem to have been able to get it to work (as you advised), as described above.  I am very appreciative for your assistance (& patience) in getting me through my dilemmas!  Thanks!

raymondl

• 7. Re: Must old version 8 of Elements be removed before Elements 14 will accept slideshows from Photoshop 14?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

raymondl

Wonderful news of your success. Great job of staying with the project to gain your success.

If you are pleased with the workflow that you decided on, good.

All sorts of ways to arrange the workflow. If you have not already, consider comparing Elements Organizer 14/14.1 Create/Slideshow versus Create/DVD with Menus with the guidelines already mentioned.

Whether 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 Slideshow from Elements Organizer 14/14.1 slideshow feature as source for the DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc, that end product disc will be

720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second (that 16:9 flag will stretch the video to 872 x 480 for display after encoding).

We are very pleased with your progress. Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification on the above.

Best wishes

ATR