7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 9:01 AM by snsproaudiovisual

importing RAW

snsproaudiovisual

All Of a sudden my LR CC has stopped letting me import RAW (CR2) from my Canon 70D...it was working fine just 10 min ago.....I have been using this set up for almost 2 years.....Whats up?Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 7.48.00 PM.png

• 1. Re: importing RAW
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

"cannot be read" is almost always a WRITE permission problem on the destination folder.

In the Import dialog, check the Destination panel to make sure the destination folder is what you want and correctly spelled.

Then using Finder or Explorer, go to the destination folder and verify that this folder and the parent folder allows you for READ and WRITE access.

• 2. Re: importing RAW
            snsproaudiovisual Level 1

Folder destination is the same as it always was.....per date and I checked and it is read and write.  I don't understand i was literally importing just 30 min ago and then decided to go ahead and work on another project.

• 3. Re: importing RAW

I even tried pulling it off to my desktop and they still would not import

• 4. Re: importing RAW
                Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Folder destination is the same as it always was.....per date and I checked and it is read and write.

Did you actually check the full destination path below the per date setting? You should see the entire path of where it will copy images to. Lightroom will the throw up the "could not read error" if it is pointed at a location where you can't write to. This sometimes gets accidentally reset.

• 5. Re: importing RAW
                  dj_paige Level 9

Folder destination is the same as it always was.....per date and I checked and it is read and write.

Show us a screen capture of the Destination panel in the Import dialog box, and also a screen capture of the permissions on that folder.

• 6. Re: importing RAW

I am aware that ALL of the responses I recieved are correct ones and I really appreciate the quick response from all of you.  I do not know what caused this.  I rebooted my computer and reopend lightroom and nothing changed so i deleted lightroom and downloaded it again and everything worked.  i don't doubt that user error was somehow invloved ( Lord knows that is usually the case with me lol ) but to make a long story short, It's working now.  Thanks again for all the help!!

• 7. Re: importing RAW

Problem solved...Thanks everyone!