7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 4:04 PM by robertlue

quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6

robertlue

When is ADOBE going to provide support for this card for a PC.

I am about to request a refund since I have not had any news or update regarding this.

The LR team had looked at my problems in the past ....

• 1. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can’t you just turn off using the GPU in LR Prefs?  Or what is the issue you’re having with LR?

Is your issue that the Windows 10 driver is buggy?  What OS are you using?

It may not have anything to do with it, but here is a thread from a little less than a year ago where someone couldn’t get Premier to work with a K4000 card until they did a clean uninstall and reinstall of the driver, and that was before Windows 10:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1717645?start=0&tstart=0

• 2. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
            robertlue Level 1

Hello,

Turning off the GPU is a bit like crippling a Ferrari by putting a smaller engine?...

I have Windows 7.1 professional on a DEll 3610 Workstation. 16g of memory. Xenon Processor.

I do have Premiere Pro which works fine with my GPU....

Lightroom 6.3 however is a different animal and problem; as it refuses to use the GPU..."errors reported GPU disabled..." is reported , under the performance tab In Lightroom 6.3

So far Adobe support has not suggested the clean reinstall but I did  update to the latest driver for lightroom about two months or three months ago... if I remember correctly from the Adobe site.

Are you part of Adobe support?....I'm not sure what the title ACP shown beside your picture refers to ........

I am disappointed regarding the marketing and the preparation and the performance of the final product and the upgrades since and I am about to ask for a refund if the issue cannot be resolved....

• 3. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

robertlue wrote:

So far Adobe support has not suggested the clean reinstall but I did  update to the latest driver for lightroom about two months or three months ago... if I remember correctly from the Adobe site.

Try updating with the latest Nvidia Quadro ODE Graphics Drivers from the Nvidia Support site:

Drivers | GeForce

During the graphics driver update installation select Custom (Advanced) and check 'Clean Install.'

Restart your system, launch LR, and try checking 'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences.

• 4. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
                robertlue Level 1

hello,

I did the most recent update to 354.56...a clean install.

Now Lightroom does not report errors with the GPU in the performance tab... I assume the GPU is now being used.

Things seem to have gotten more "zippy( speedy)" when maneuvering in the develop module.

However I did get a message at or near the end of the install. NVIDIA installer re[ports success in installation'.

However the cause for concern was a message, popped to the screen, which said:

" the NVidia open Gl driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue.

The application must close. Error Code 3"

. I then clicked on the invitation to visit http:..www.nvidia.com/support.html. However I did not find any reference to error code 3.

Below is now the system info reported by lightroom:

Lightroom version: 6.3 [ 1052427 ]
                License: Perpetual
                Operating system: Windows 7
                Version: 6.1
                Application architecture: x64
                System architecture: x64
                Logical processor count: 8
                Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
                Built-in memory: 16328.1 MB
                Real memory available to Lightroom: 16328.1 MB
                Real memory used by Lightroom: 2870.5 MB (17.5%)
                Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3052.4 MB
                Memory cache size: 871.4 MB
                Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
                Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
                System DPI setting: 96 DPI
                Desktop composition enabled: Yes
                Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1920x1080, 3) 1920x1080
                Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
                Quadro K4000/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed
                Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
                Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 354.56
                Renderer: Quadro K4000/PCIe/SSE2
                LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom
                Library Path: C:\Users\rlworkstation\Pictures\Lightroom\LR new cc 2015\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
                Settings Folder: C:\Users\rlworkstation\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
                1) Canon Tether Plugin
                2) Facebook
                3) Flickr
                4) Leica Tether Plugin
                5) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
                D

Would error code 3 be a real cause for concern?

Thanks for the help so far....It has proven fruitful..

• 5. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When the GPU is being used the waiting indicator is a spinning dashed-circle at the lower right just below the main loupe area.

You can try to do another clean-install with the same driver and see if you get any errors.  I don’t know what error 3 means but a Google search shows a few things to try, one is rolling back to a previous version of the driver, which may not be what you want.  The second is to nuke the driver using various methods and run a super-user install of the driver files.  There are also several comments about needing to shut off a third-party Comodo system protection app temporarily, which seemed to be blocking the install.  You could have something similar that’s also messing with things even if it isn’t named Comodo.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524108/geforce-drivers/error-code-3-help-/

http://www.custompcguide.net/2-methods-to-fix-nvidia-installer-failed-issue-for-geforce-vi deo-cards/

• 6. Re: quadro K4000 card not supported by Lightroom 6
                    trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

robertlue wrote:

I did the most recent update to 354.56...a clean install.

Now Lightroom does not report errors with the GPU in the performance tab... I assume the GPU is now being used.

Things seem to have gotten more "zippy( speedy)" when maneuvering in the develop module.

However I did get a message at or near the end of the install. NVIDIA installer reports success in installation'.

However the cause for concern was a message, popped to the screen, which said:

" the NVidia open Gl driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue.

The application must close. Error Code 3"

Would error code 3 be a real cause for concern?

Since the installer reported a successful installation you should be OK. As