8 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2006 10:42 AM by sdwebguy99

CFDOCUMENT "An exception occurred document processing.The cause of this exception was that: java.lang.NullPointerExcepti

AjasHadi
      Hi,
      we are using cfdocument to create pdfs and it works fine 99%. Its just that for one document we are getting this error. Also if we view html for this error document it shows fine... its only when we try to view the pdf we get error. I have highlighted the error line below.... what it does is that it gets the verbiage by running query get_letter..... I searched the exception log from CF Admin but it doesnt give any extra info... I have pasted the contents of the log after the code....Let me know if someone has seen this before...

<cfdocument format="pdf" unit="in"
      margintop=".75" marginleft=".75" marginright=".75" marginbottom=".75"
      filename="#path#\#doc_id#.pdf" overwrite="yes">
      <cfoutput>#get_letter.letter_verbiage#</cfoutput>
      </cfdocument>

"Error","jrpp-24","04/13/06","09:28:57","XYZ","An exception occurred when performing document processing.The cause of this exception was that:

java.lang.NullPointerException. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\XYX\XYX.cfm "
      coldfusion.tagext.lang.DocumentTagException: An exception occurred when performing document processing.
      at coldfusion.tagext.lang.DocumentTag.doAfterBody(DocumentTag.java:1113)
      at cfO_View_Correspondence2ecfm1406404098.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\XYX\XYX.cfm:50)
      at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152)
      at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:343)
      at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
      at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:210)
      at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:51)
      at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
      at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:50)
      at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:52)
      at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
      at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
      at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
      at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:105)
      at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:78)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
      at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:257)
      at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
      at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:204)
      at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:457)
      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)