0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 5:33 AM by smileyblonde1

Toggle play/pause

smileyblonde1

Hi There,

Im totally new to Edge and trying to work on pausing and playing 4 sound bytes.

I have a pause button on stage with the following code that pauses the customer_thumbs audio and so forth from the animated indicitor main symbol. On the animated indicator each audio is about 40 frames apart and plays sequentially.

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_thumbs")[0].pause();

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_High")[0].pause();

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_house")[0].pause();

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_list")[0].pause();

I have a play button also on Stage that plays the customer_thumbs audio and so forth from the animated indictor.  (each new call is replaced by its name cumstomerBlurb_High, customerBlurb_house and customerBlurb_list.

if (sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_thumbs")[0].paused) {

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_thumbs")[0].play();

} else {

sym.getSymbol("animated_indicator").$("customerBlurb_thumbs")[0].pause();

}

However its doesnt know where on the animated indicator it is and once paused and hit pay it replays and loads them all. I have tried several tutorials on variables for current frame or isPlaying but im getting it all wrong