3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 6:39 AM by dj_paige

Lr6 freezes Laptop?

chesterdawg

I've been using Lr for many years, no problems until this latest Lr6. I'm not on the monthly plan, instead I downloaded just Lr6. It works fine on my desktop running Windows 10 but causes my Laptop to freeze which also is running Windows 10. Both have plenty of processing power and RAM.

All works fine editing an image but when I go to the next image it causes the PC to freeze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck. I have gone back to Lr5 on the laptop but that's not what I'm paying for.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Lr6 freezes Laptop?
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi chesterdawg,

1. First off please ensure you are running the latest version 6.3(Check from Help>>About Lightroom ).
          2. Open Lightroom >>edit>>Preferences>>Performance
          • Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor"
          • Restart Lightroom

If still the same refer the section "Manually disable graphics card in Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lr6 freezes Laptop?
            chesterdawg Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I know that I have upgraded to latest.

Will disabling graphics card slow my pc?

Seeing how Lr is a graphic program it seems odd to have to disable graphics card when it's never been an issue in the past but I will try that when I get home later today.

Steve

• 3. Re: Lr6 freezes Laptop?
              dj_paige Level 9

If the entire computer is freezing and you have to reboot the computer, then this is a hardware malfunction somewhere (could be bad memory, could be overheating due to fans that stop working, or possibly a few other things), or a bad/corrupted video card driver. You need to update/reinstall your video card driver and check all hardware components for malfunctions.