4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 3:07 AM by Noski12

RAM Preview with Audio

The Official Fillow

How to preview video with sound (when I press 0) more than 30 sec long? if it's possible at all..It wtites that I haven't enough resources for RAM preview of ... seconds audio,even when I select a range on 2-3 minutes..

• 1. Re: RAM Preview with Audio
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you need more time with your ram previews set the Zoom Ratio or Magnification factor to 25% and the resolution to Auto or set the resolution to 1/4. If that still does not get you what you want set skip frames to 1 or 2 in the Preview Panel. This is the only way to extent the preview.

If you are using AE to edit you are not working efficiently. AE is for creating shots and short sequences. A project longer than a few seconds can probably be better served by breaking it up into scenes or short sequences, rendering the pieces, then editing and polishing in Premiere Pro or your NLE of choice. I even cut dynamic text animations (often inaccurately called lyric videos) up into one or two phrases or sentences then do the final edit in Premiere. This helps me get them done in about half the time.

• 2. Re: RAM Preview with Audio
            The Official Fillow Level 1

How can I unite this all small parts of video in Premiere without the missing (black) frame between?

• 3. Re: RAM Preview with Audio
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Expand the timeline in Premiere Pro and cut the black frames.

• 4. Re: RAM Preview with Audio
                Noski12

If you are using AE to edit you are not working efficiently. AE is for creating shots and short sequences. A project longer than a few seconds can probably be better served by breaking it up into scenes or short sequences, rendering the pieces, then editing and polishing in Premiere Pro or your NLE of choice.

Very wrong! Workflow is totally dependent on the nature of the project, Sometimes it is more efficient to finalise an edit in AE