3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 6:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements opened fine the first time but will not open again.

crossforts

I am running Windows 10 on a new computer with 4GB RAM, 400GB free HD space with a Intel 3.3 GHZ processor. Help!

• 1. Re: Premiere elements opened fine the first time but will not open again.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

crossforts

What version of Premiere Elements on your Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit computer).

What will not open at this time....

1. You cannot get beyond the desktop icon

2. You get to the Welcome Screen, hit Video Editor/New Project and nothing happens

or

3. You can open a saved/closed project that you had been working on?

The details on the above will help us to focus in on the cause of your issue.

Please go through the usual drill...

1. Does problem exist with and without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Is latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer?

3. Are you running the programs as administrator from user account with administrative privileges?

4. Are you using an Internet connection?

Please consider and give details. Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements opened fine the first time but will not open again.
            crossforts Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements Version 14.

I open the and get to the screen to select Photo Editor, Organizer and Video Editor and when I select New Project under video editor nothing happens.  From the organizer when I select edit with Premiere Elements, noting happens.

I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus with no success.  I have selected run as an administrator without luck. I do have the latest version of Quick Time 7 installed and I am connected to the internet. 

It should work.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements opened fine the first time but will not open again.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

crossforts

Thanks for the troubleshooting information. Let us explore...

1. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 14

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Folder, find the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Right click it, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click that file and determine if Premiere Elements 14 opens to it workspace.

2. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and, in the Adobe Folder, find the OOBE Folder and rename it to OLDOOBE.

3. Go to

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLStore Folder that is renamed from SLStore to SLStoreOLD.

and

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLCache Folder that is renamed from SLCache to SLCacheOLD.

You might want to explore the host file as described in this troubleshooting for Premiere Elements 12 Editor troubleshooting.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Here we are looking for any entries beyond those for the default host file.

Please consider and then let us determine if any of the above works for you.

Thank you.

ATR