1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2009 3:18 PM by Newsgroup_User

FW CS4 Canvas problems - PC Vista Home

MMisterMM
      Hi

I have just installed CS4 and am having a few problems with Fireworks.

1. If I have several floating canvases (separate images) and I open another image, the image opens behind all the other open windows. When I click the new image; it remains behind and obscured by all the other canvases and doesn't come to the front as it would in any other application.to get the new image to the front, I have to close all the other image!! Sometimes I can get the new canvas to the front by clicking each and every other canvas once, which kind of wakes it up. Does anyone know a way around this?

2. Similar to above. Often when I open a new image with other images already open on separate canvases, the new image loads into another already open canvas. This generates a tab on that canvas. There doesn't seem to be any control over which canvas it populates. It doesn't even load into the last canvas I was using before opening it. It seems quite random. If I have many canvases open, I have to literally hunt for the new image. Does anyone know how to get new opened images to load onto their own canvases?

3. This is maybe more of a niggle. When I drag a canvas around the workspace, the whole canvas turns grey until I release the canvas again. This is a pain if I am trying to place an image next to another image to reference it.

1 and 2 above have hampered my productivity so much, I am using CS3 again.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mr M
        • 1. Re: FW CS4 Canvas problems - PC Vista Home
          Level 7
          MMisterMM wrote:

> 1. If I have several floating canvases (separate images) and I open another
          > image, the image opens behind all the other open windows. When I click the new
          > image; it remains behind and obscured by all the other canvases and doesn't
          > come to the front as it would in any other application.to get the new image to
          > the front, I have to close all the other image!! Sometimes I can get the new
          > canvas to the front by clicking each and every other canvas once, which kind of
          > wakes it up. Does anyone know a way around this?

Why not maximize them so rather than floating document windows, they are
          tabbed? Just out of curiosity, why do you have so many opened at once?

> Does anyone know how
          > to get new opened images to load onto their own canvases?

Choose file > open.
          >
          > 3. This is maybe more of a niggle. When I drag a canvas around the workspace,
          > the whole canvas turns grey until I release the canvas again. This is a pain if
          > I am trying to place an image next to another image to reference it.

Under Preferences > Edit make sure that Preview Drag is selected.

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------