11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 6:17 AM by A.T. Romano

My premiere elements 14..

GreenJohnnyPolo

Recently, I bought Adobe Premier Elements 14. when i booted it up it had a error message. Your Application Seems to be damaged, please reinstall the application. i might not have much detail sorry ask me if you need more details

• 1. Re: My premiere elements 14..
          A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenJohnnyPolo

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14 install?

How did you install it, from online purchase and download from Adobe web site or from installation disc from purchase from authorized reseller?

Did it actually install to the default Local Disk C location and then failed when you went to double click the program's desktop icon? How far did you get from the start to where you got the damaged message?

Check list....

1. Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

3. Are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

4. Are you working with an active Internet connection?

5. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

6. Have you met System Requirements? System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

If you have doubts about the integrity of you installation materials and if you have the purchased serial number, you can download and install the program using the installation files at Adobe Other Downloads. Then insert your purchased serial number into them during installation.

Other downloads

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: My premiere elements 14..
            GreenJohnnyPolo Level 1

i'm using windows. i installed the program when i booted the program up it got the messsage. i just tried without firewalls it still didn't work and i dont have any anti-virus software. yes i have quicktime player with premiere. running yes. my internet is working im pretty sure because if not i'd probably not be able to post this. my videocard i just checked is up to date.. my system req. is met but it might have something to do with creative cloud i might guess. because when i open up creative cloud it is spinning blue and doesn't load. but i'm not sure

• 3. Re: My premiere elements 14..
              A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenjohnnyPolo

Thanks for the reply.

What edition of Windows and 32 or 64 bit?

Premiere Elements is not a Creative Cloud application, do you have Creative Cloud applications that are utilizing it? If so, which ones?

Please try this...go to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

OOBE

PDApp

core

and, in the core Folder, is the PDapp.exe that you double click. Does it open to and run through Updates? ThisPDapp.exe is otherwise known as the Adobe Application Manager.

Please consider, and then let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                GreenJohnnyPolo Level 1

when i got there and opened it, nothing happened other than the mouse on the loading circle then after a while nothing still happened, and i'm using Win10 64bit.

• 5. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenJohnnyPolo

Thanks for the follow up. Did you say that you got the same results when you did download/install/your purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 14 from the Adobe Other Downloads link that I posted previously? Did you ever say if you did as instructed by the message and reinstalled the program using the installation materials that you had at that time?

Assuming that you did.....

Onward....

1. Please rename the SLCache and SLStore Folders.

For SLCache Folder

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLCache Folder that is renamed from SLCache to SLCacheOLD.

For SLStore Folder

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLStore Folder that is renamed from SLStore to SLStoreOLD.

2. Download and install the Adobe Application Manager from the following

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Let us see if we gain any ground on this issue with the above, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...you mentioned that you have QuickTime 7 installed...can I assume that it is the latest version 7.7.9?

• 6. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                    GreenJohnnyPolo Level 1

uhm. i dont have a Program data folder.

• 7. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenJohnnyPolo

For Windows 10 64 bit, you go through the File Explorer/View/Options to get to the Folder Options dialog/View Tab.

If you have a 64 bit computer operating system, you should have a Program Data Folder. But, you may be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives disabled.

To enable this option, go to the Folder Options dialog, click on View Tab, and scroll down there to the option and enable it by placing a dot next to it.

ATR

• 8. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                        GreenJohnnyPolo Level 1

alright and yes i do have the latest software for quicktime still same thing. one thing might be most of my adobe files are in C: and my premier elements is in A:

• 9. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenjohnnyPolo

Thanks for the reply.

In post 1,  I asked

Did it actually install to the default Local Disk C location and then failed when you went to double click the program's desktop icon?

I do not recall that you answered that until now.

Premiere Element should be installed to the default location on the Local Disk C. And, you have not done that since you wrote

most of my adobe files are in C: and my premier elements is in A:

Although there are reports of Premiere Elements being installed on Drives other than C, typically there are problems when you do that and some files will automatically go to a certain location no matter what the use set.

If I have interpreted correctly what you wrote, next step remove all traces of Premiere Elements 14 from your computer, and then install Premiere Elements 14 to the Local Disc C. Please consider and let me know if there is a problem in doing that.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                            GreenJohnnyPolo Level 1

alright i did that but then it said the same message on the desktop and when i open it up from the c:/program files/adobe and then premier it says i need to download application manager that i already have..

• 11. Re: My premiere elements 14..
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

GreenjohnnyPolo

Thanks for the reply. Please leave Premiere Elements 14 installed on Local Disk C and download and install the Adobe Application Manager again.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

if that is what the program is asking for at that particular moment in your troubleshooting.

Restart the computer before continuing the troubleshooting in progress.

Please let us know if you have done the above. If damaged files message continues to be part of this, please explore downloading and installing Premiere Elements 14 from the Adobe Other Downloads

and inserting your purchased serial number during installation. In between the uninstalls and reinstalls, you might want to do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete downloads and installs.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.html

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Note: it is only the free ccleaner that I am pointing you to.

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting comments.

ATR