4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 1:37 PM by flyingj481

Rehearsed Timings preservation in Presenter 7

cidditl
      Presenter is an awesome product that has been exactly what we are looking for-with one exception. It does not seem to honor rehearsed timings for animations. For example, if a user had a narrated PPT that they had created using PowerPoint with animated bullets that pop in at specific times, when the audio is imported and then the PPT is published using Presenter, the bullets pop up all at once at the very end of the slide instead of at the times rehearsed using PPT. Other conversion tools seem to handle this just fine. Is there some setting that I am missing or is this a bug?
        • 1. Re: Rehearsed Timings preservation in Presenter 7
          HelvetiaWV Level 1
          Have you tried using Sync in Presenter to set the animations? You may have to import or record the audio in Presenter for Sync to work properly. I haven't tried doing this in PPT. BTW, you also need to import any video in Presenter for it to work properly after publishing.
          • 2. Re: Rehearsed Timings preservation in Presenter 7
            robva65 Level 2

cidditl,

Believe it or not, it's not a bug at all.

Despite setting timings of animated elements in PowerPoint, when importing audio (or even replacing exisiting audio w/ new files) causes the timings of your animations to get reset as you have no doubt already witnessed.

Why?

Because as far as Presenter is concerned, it can't possibly know that you're doing a "one-for-one" swap (e.g. importing a similar audio file for another, or as in your case, importing new audio against preset animation timings) and as such, it resets everything.  True, you're into re-editing the timings, but what if you had a situation where you initially had a slide that lasted for 1 min and then decided to cut the audio to :30 seconds?

Bottom line, adding or importing a replacement audio file will cause all animated items to "reset" forcing you to redo the timings.  From there you could opt to either using the Sync Timings or Audio Editor dialog boxes for that task.

I realize that might sound like a bogus statement to make, but that's what happens.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

• 3. Re: Rehearsed Timings preservation in Presenter 7
              JBourgoin

7 years later...

I face that situation today.

Someone record narration and timing without using Presenter and send me the Powerpoint.

I have to publish it with Presenter.

I import the audio... but all animation was reset !

how to keep the timing of animation that is record in the Powerpoint???

it'a a presentation with 68 slides with lots of animation... we don't want to do the syncing again !

so

how to keep the timing of animation that is record in the Powerpoint???

Thanks

• 4. Re: Rehearsed Timings preservation in Presenter 7
                flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

7 years later, Rob's answer still applies.