2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 9:26 PM by A.T. Romano

saving clips

andrewe2

Is there any way to save a trimmed clip back into an album in the organizer?

• 1. Re: saving clips
          andrewe2 Level 1

Before you respond asking me about the version and platform, I'll say PE 14 on Win10. And before you suggest I use the technique where I use the export and share function which seems kind of kludgy and time consuming maybe you can confirm that Adobe never considered that some of us might want to create collections of clips to use in other projects. You would think as long as you stayed within the PE environment PE could use a lip from one project in another. Am I missing something?

• 2. Re: saving clips
            A.T. Romano Level 7

andrewe2

To cut to the bottom line: No for

Is there any way to save a trimmed clip back into an album in the organizer?

Not that I have ever found 14 and earlier versions.

Comments if wanted....

Thanks for the Premiere Elements 14 version and Window 10 operating system. But, on this one, that information will not impact the answer.

You cannot trim clips in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor and get them into the Elements Organizer 14 workspace except if you export them and them import the export back into the project. When files are imported into the Editor workspace, a copy of the file is automatically placed in the Elements Organizer browser. And, I have not found it possible to use Add Media/Elements Organizer to maneuver around to get to what you seek.

You transfer content from project 1 to project 2

a. selectively you export project 1 Timeline content and import that export into project 2

or

b. here is where your Windows 10 information is important...if you are using Windows, you can do a copy/paste insert from project to project editor workspace using ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Element.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

I have only used this technique for transfer from one Editor workspace of project 1 to another Editor workspace of project 2 without any Elements Organizer involvement. My first impression is that it will not work, but I do not know that for a fact since I have never tried it.

Just in case...trims created in the Preview Windows Set In Set Out points can be saved to Project Assets as source files for that project and/or dragged to the project's Timeline.

But, that is not what you are looking for.

Please consider. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...this is not Adobe. For comments to Adobe about Adobe feature set, please consider

Feature Request/Bug Report Form