1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 8:41 AM by Szalam

after effect gpu

mohd rezai56831634 Level 1

how can i use after effect cc GPU in preview ...cause now i see the GPU is disable ...and how do i know my w7100 is running effective in after effect cc ...like in premier cc u can c the open cl in the project setting...can anyone help...tq

• 1. Re: after effect gpu
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After Effects doesn't use the GPU like Premiere does. For the most part, AE only uses the GPU to accelerate one, obsolete effect: the ray-traced renderer. (Acceleration of the ray-traced renderer could only use certain NVIDIA cards anyway so your AMD card wouldn't work with it. But, as I mentioned, it's considered an obsolete effect, so I wouldn't worry about it at all.)

More details on AE's GPU usage here: GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects

Now, certain third-party effects like Element 3d, Red Giant Universe, Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator, etc. DO make significant use of the GPU, but their requirements and usage have nothing to do with how AE views the GPU, so that "disabled" screen you mention is irrelevant for that. You'd need to check the requirements of whatever plugins you plan to use.