2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 6:48 PM by RicherRags

can not load the files .ppc file does not match the presentation

paolaw59731354

I created the PowerPoint presentations.  A consultant on the project created the Presenter and Captivate files for the PowerPoint presentations.  I need to make edits to the PowerPoint, Presenter and Captivate files.  When I open the PowerPoint slide, make the edits and select "Save" I get the error "Cannot load the files for slides 1-17. The .ppc file does not match the presentation".  How do I resolve this error so I can make edits to the PowerPoint, Presenter and Captivate files?

• 1. Re: can not load the files .ppc file does not match the presentation
          georgina.salls

This has happened to me, too, on one accursed presentation. Weirdly, it seems to be somehow related to our corporate template. Here's what I did, and it worked:

1. I reverse engineered our corporate template with logos, colors, line spacing etc. (Basically, recreated it from scratch)
          2. Copied and pasted the slides from the original presentation into the new one, making sure to select "Use Destination Theme
          3. Audio files re-populated and re-associated.
          • 2. Re: can not load the files .ppc file does not match the presentation
            RicherRags Adobe Employee

Hello !

While your current problem may have been addressed, I wanted to take the liberty of providing some additional information which you may find useful.

As you would be aware, Adobe Presenter is used to enriches the content in a PowerPoint deck with video, audio, interactive elements like widgets and quizzes, etc so that they can be used in an eLearning context. When you use Adobe Presenter, you end up adding a lot of such rich content to your existing presentation and so your Presenter project is more than just your PPTX file. In fact, Presenter creates a whole folder and stores the audio/video files and other assets that you used to enrich that PPTX. So when you want to edit a Presenter project (which is more than just the PPTX file) you need all these extra assets and files as well. The error message you see is most likely due to the fact that you have just the PPTX file, without the rest of the assets.

The best way for to users of Adobe Presenter to work collaboratively is to use the Packager feature in the Presenter ribbon. Whenever you want to share the whole project, click on the Packager in the Presenter ribbob. It will create a <projectname>.PRPKG file which contains the whole project source. Now the other person receiving the PRPKG file can simply open that using Presenter and everything should be fine.

Regards
            Ramesh