3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 12:27 PM by Dov Isaacs

Does InDesign come with Adope Pro?

swimmamum

Hi all,

I want to buy InDesign, but want to know if AdobePro comes with it.

I want to be able to create, edit and merge pdf files. I also want to be able to be more creative with newsletters and creating 10 page little books.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Does InDesign come with Adope Pro?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Are you referring to Acrobat? No, if you only subscribe to InDesign, yes if you take the full Creative Cloud package.

• 2. Re: Does InDesign come with Adope Pro?
            swimmamum Level 1

Whatever I need to be able to edit/merge/create pdf documents and perhaps be able to design a nice newsletter.

• 3. Re: Does InDesign come with Adope Pro?
              Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

PDF is a final form file format. Acrobat Pro provides very limited PDF “editing” capabilities - more like text touch-up; InDesign provides only the ability to place (without edit) into an InDesign document and to export PDF.

In terms of designing “a nice newsletter,” InDesign is the Adobe tool for that although like other similar products, it does have a steep learning curve.

Bob is correct. If you subscribe only to InDesign, you get only InDesign. If you subscribe to the full Creative Cloud, you get InDesign as well as Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, and the rest of the “stable” so to speak.

Your alternatives, based upon your needs and the pricing, would be to individually subscribe to both InDesign and Acrobat Pro or to subscribe to the full Creative Cloud.

- Dov