8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 5:56 PM by dj_paige

Lightroom 6 process version import problem

aarons3166988

In Lightroom 6 why does lightroom keep importing my images in 2002 process version? IT is a brand new camera (5dsr) and it doesnt do this to my older cameras. I can't find the appropriate setting to change.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
          dj_paige Level 9

Perhaps you have set a preset at import? Look under Apply During Import, next to Develop Settings.

Or perhaps you have changed the default edit conditions. In the Develop Module, press Alt on windows (I don't know what it is if you have a Mac, but I'm sure you can figure it out) and click on Set Defaults at the bottom right, then click on Restore Adobe Default Settings

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
            aarons3166988 Level 1

First option doesn't seem to help.... second option is new to me...i tried updating to current settings and nothing changed...i tried restoring defaults...but it then applied a bunch of other presets to it..it seemed

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
              aarons3166988 Level 1

also...this is happening on auto import...i thought i should say that to be clear

i mean i know i could go and change to 2012 afteri  import them...it just seems like that is a waste of time

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
                dj_paige Level 9

Could you provide details?

First option doesn't seem to help..

Why not? What did you do? What was the result? What does it say now in the field named Develop Settings? If it says None, that ought to do the trick, it ought to give you Process 2012 for newly imported photos.

..i tried updating to current settings and nothing changed.

This was not was you were supposed to do

i tried restoring defaults...but it then applied a bunch of other presets to it..it seemed

What other presets? Specifcally name the presets. How do you know?

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
                  aarons3166988 Level 1

i feel i am all jumbled up at this point....if you can be more clear with exactly you want me to try that would be great. I do not exactly know where you are referring for me to look or make changes.

here is the situation:

I am tethered to a 5dsr on my Mac, i use Lightroom 6 (updated to 6.3), before camera i had not had any of my images import as an old version, all import as 2012. Nothing changed in between using this camera and my older ones

While in Develop, I take the shot, the image pops up in the collection. The only preset i have in place (which has been in place for all previous this camera), is the "Zeroed" preset. However, when i look at the develop options on the right side of the program they are laid out in the old Lightroom way, i check the process version and it reads 2002.

Nothing has changed in between hooking up this new camera vs the old camera. yet i am getting these things importing from this camera with an old process version. I imported a jpg from my desktop a few minutes ago, and it was fine and set to 2012 like it should be.

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
                    dj_paige Level 9

i feel i am all jumbled up at this point....if you can be more clear with exactly you want me to try that would be great. I do not exactly know where you are referring for me to look or make changes.

If my words aren't clear, be specific as to which words are not clear.

• 7. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
                      aarons3166988 Level 1

you seem perturbed and upset that i asked you to be more clear....im trying to start over...not start an argument or anythign of the like, i dont want to get into trying to muddle back through previous writing as i have conceded i am jumbled up...

in your first response you gave two things to try...the first one is very vague...im not sure where you meant for me to go exactly... the second option was better but it was unclear what to do when there was one more than just the option you said to do, and you did not explain why i was doing it or what would happen if i did something different.

I have explained what i have done and what it is doing. Can you please explain specifically what i should do?  OR explain why what is happening is happening so i can better find an answer somewhere else? If not, i'd appreciate being put into contact with another expert. Thank you

I probably cannot try until tomorrow as i have to go home from work now

• 8. Re: Lightroom 6 process version import problem
                        dj_paige Level 9

in your first response you gave two things to try...the first one is very vague...im not sure where you meant for me to go exactly...

The first thing I said was: "Perhaps you have set a preset at import? Look under Apply During Import, next to Develop Settings." So go to the Import dialog box (File->Import Photos and Videos) and on the right hand side, there is a section named Apply During Import. In that section, next to Develop Settings, it should say None. If it doesn't say None, change it so that it does say None. Then import some new photos and see if the problem is gone for the new imports.

the second option was better but it was unclear what to do when there was one more than just the option you said to do,

I said: "In the Develop Module, press Alt on windows (I don't know what it is if you have a Mac, but I'm sure you can figure it out) and click on Set Defaults at the bottom right, then click on Restore Adobe Default Settings". You perform this step, then import new photos, and see if the problem is gone for the new imports.