1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 2:55 PM by Pattie-F

Solution to Side-by-side Error?

SmilingJoe

I am having issues with Acrobat DC. On a new Windows 7 pro system (just reinstalled the OS on it), everything works fine, except that if I try to PDF (or if idle for a minute or 2), an error pops up saying Acrotray.exe "The application has failed to start because it's side.by.side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." After reviewing your forums, and other sites, it points to a corrupt c++ redistributional package (and even followed the instructions on this site to get the new packages). Now, I have uninstalled, and reinstalled adobe, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the C++ packages from 2005-2010. In combinations of both removing all, installing acrobat first, then the c++ files, and reinstalling with the c++ files first than adobe. In ALL cases this same error pops up. I must have installed adobe at least 10 times on this one machine in the last week, with no progress. This is the only machine that it happens on, and again, this is a brand new windows 7 pro install, with only office 365 installed, nothing else. Are there any solutions to this besides the usual, "reinstall the c++ library", which, I must repeat... does not work