3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 10:41 AM by Sandee Cohen

adobe font issue

gretchenscottage

i was given an adobe file that when I open it the font looks good on the screen but when I print it it is obviously wrong. I dropped it into InDesign and a page printed correctly. I don't know how to export each page separately so i can use them in indesign so I don't want to do. how do i make the adobe file work. could i check the font name that was originally used and change it, and if so how? thanks. maybe it is just too late and i am tired

• 1. Re: adobe font issue
          Pattie-F Level 7

I have moved this to the InDesign user forum so the experts there can assist you.

• 2. Re: adobe font issue
            John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

gretchenscottage wrote:

i was given an adobe file...

I suspect by "adobe file" you mean a PDF...(?)

I dropped it into InDesign and a page printed correctly.

And so I take that to mean you Placed the PDF on an InDesign page, then printed it successfully...(?)

could i check the font name that was originally used and change it...

Not in a PDF you can't.

I don't know how to export each page separately so i can use them in indesign...

Think the other way around...a multi-page PDF can be Placed in InDesign. After invoking the Place command, look for "Show Import Options" in the Place dialog. Enable that, and you'll get another dialog which will allow you to choose which pages of the PDF to Place, including All, if desired.

• 3. Re: adobe font issue
              Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

Could you explain a little more what kind of file this is?

John Mesinger is correct in assuming it is a PDF file. But when you "opened" it, you most likely opened in in a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or even the Macintosh Preview application.

when I open it the font looks good on the screen but when I print it it is obviously wrong.

If it is a PDF, there should have been no problem printing it directly from the PDF reader. I'm confused as to what exactly happened.

Also, you can put each page of a PDF on a different InDesign page. You just can't go in and manipulate the elements.