Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Login as a specific user to LiveCycle which has single sign-on

Level 1

LiveCycle Rights Management (RM) server has been configured for single sign-on so that the Acrobat Reader automatically login to RM server with the current windows login user account.

This is ok for most of the scenario but I have a requirement to bring the popup from pdf file for login authentication.  Is it possible to force the acrobat reader software to bring the login screen for authentication with livecycle rights management server.  This is somewhat similar to a scenario where Internet Explorer browser would automatically login with current windows login id to some websites (Integrated Authentication) but still the client (IE) settings could be changed to bring the login popup.

I know the quick answer would be to configure RM server to use username/password scheme instead of windows authentication but my situation is different.  I have some users who are real windows login users and others are test users in RM server only who don't have a windows account (i.e. they don't exist in Active Directory for authentication).  The real users absolutely need single sign on and the few test users who don't have windows login account (these test RM users login to windows with a different account) need to open the PDF file using the test account in RM server.

I hope there could be some setting in Acrobat Reader that will bring the authentication popup.

0 Replies