This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Layers, masking and roto or keying.
- Shoot your background plate with a locked off camera to make things about 1000% easier.
- Shoot your people walking and then acting like they are falling against a green screen or against a simple background so you can easily separate them from the background by keying or rotoscoping.
- You must match the camera angle and distance from the imaginary hole in both of these shots. IOW if the hole you are going to make in the background shot in 10 feet in front of the camera and the camera is 5 feet off the ground and the hole is in the left 1/3 of the frame then your actor must act like they are falling through a hole when they are 10 feet away from the camera that is 5 feet off the ground and they are in the left 1/3 of the frame.
- Inside AE you add artwork that looks like a hole and position it in the left 1/3 of the frame
- You duplicate the background layer and then mask it so that only the bottom part of the shot is visible with the edge of the hole at the top
- You separate your actor from the background and place the actor layer between the top masked copy of the background plate and the hole
This is just like cutting up some photographs. The hardest part is shooting the footage for the project.
Can you please to send me a video tutorial?
Also, what do you mean IOW?
in other words