3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 8:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Deactivation of Premier Elements

johnf18428888

how do I deactivate my premier elements, I was told to choose the deactivate option in the help menu but there is not one there.

• 1. Re: Deactivation of Premier Elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johnf

What version of Premiere Elements? What computer operating system?

If Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14/14.1, in an opened project (Expert workspace) go to Help Menu/Sign Out. And, click on Sign Out which will deactivate the program.

In Premiere Elements 11, it is Help Menu/Deactivate.

Please consider, and let us know the outcome. Give more details if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....can also be done in the Quick workspace.

• 2. Re: Deactivation of Premier Elements
            johnf18428888 Level 1

Hi, Thank you for your quick response, My system is Windows 7 Pro, adobe

premier elements 8, I did have problems with this when I was changing PCs I

had previously had 2 crashes and did not realise about the procedure. This

time I only need to uninstall to free up disc space on a newly installed

smaller SSD drive. If I can't remove I will have to try to remove other

software,  best regards Johnf

• 3. Re: Deactivation of Premier Elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

johnf

Thanks for the reply.

With Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, you use Help Menu/Deactivate in the opened project to deactivate the program.

Keep in mind, the Deactivate is not the same as Uninstall. And, the relevant part about "Deactivate" is that Adobe allows you to install the same purchased activated serial number on no more than 2 of your computers. And, then use only one at a time. If you are deactivating for that purpose, you do not have to uninstall the now deactivated program.

If you are interested in uninstall to free hard drive space, deactivate the program, close out of there, and then uninstall.

If you ever get in a situation with the too many message and an activated serial number is trapped on a crashed computer, then online Adobe Chat Account Information can help you.

Contact Customer Care

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thank you.

ATR