3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 2:25 PM by glaustin

Different Welcome Screens

glaustin Level 1

Hi Guys

I have AE CC 2015 running on a desktop and a laptop, both Win7, 64 bit, SP1.

The desktop shows the new kind of CC2015 Welcome Screen (the same style as most 2015 programmes), but my laptop welcome screen when I open CC 2015 is still CC2014.

AE Laptop-PC Comparison.jpg

Can anyone tell me why and what I can do to make the Laptop screen show the correct welcome screen?

Regards,

Graham

• 1. Re: Different Welcome Screens
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

See the little box in the the lower left with the check mark in it?  Toggle off the check mark.

• 2. Re: Different Welcome Screens
            Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Hi Graham,

The new Start dialog (which replaces the older Welcome dialog) is new in the After Effects 13.6 update. If you have not updated After Effects CC 2015 on both machines, you'll see this difference.

You can control whether or not the new Start screen is displayed when you start After Effects via a new option in Preferences > General, Show Start Screen at Startup. (This is enabled by default.)

(Another reason that you may see the old Welcome dialog is if you are using After Effects in certain languages. I don't remember the list, but because this is a new feature it has not been localized to all supported languages yet. But it looks like you're using English, so I don't think that's the case for you.)

• 3. Re: Different Welcome Screens
              glaustin Level 1

Hi Guys

Many thanks, Tim. I had thought I was up to date on my laptop but just checked and I'm not on 13.6, so that's the answer. Thanks as well, Dave, for responding.