6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 12:06 PM by andym48918110

New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors

ZacW

Hi, I have just upgraded to Flash CC but I'm having issues which i guess are simple new user mistakes. My problem is when I create a new HTLM5 canvas and copy to images into the library. 1 a background image and a tree. Both were originally png cut and pasted through Fireworks.

So I place the back ground on the new document and publish all works fine a static image is displayed

Then I put the tree (static image) onto the background either in a new layer or on the same layer then publish and white canvas is displayed.

When I publish I get the following warning displayed on the output tab

WARNINGS:

** 2 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

The safari is reporting TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.spriteSheet.getNumFrames')

IE 11 is reporting

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.

test.html

HTML1202: file://mac/Home/Desktop/untitled%20folder%205/test.html is running in Compatibility View because 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' is checked.

test.html

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

test.html

[object Error]

{

description: "Object doesn't support property or method 'defineProperties'",

message: "Object doesn't support property or method 'defineProperties'",

name: "TypeError",

number: -2146827850

}

[object Error]

{

description: "Object doesn't support property or method 'defineProperties'",

message: "Object doesn't support property or method 'defineProperties'",

name: "TypeError",

number: -2146827850

}

SCRIPT445: Object doesn't support this action

Untitled-3.js (20,1)

SCRIPT445: Object doesn't support this action

test.html (21,2)

The only post i found indicated that running the files locally on the desktop rather the a web server may cause this error.

I'm using a iMac with safari and IE11 (running in parallels)

Any guidance on my simple mistake would be appreciated

• 1. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

When you did a Test Movie, did the images show up ok? It's normal when using spritesheets for it to fail if you try opening the HTML document locally. If you saw the images ok with a test movie, then it should all work when the files are on a server.

You could go into publishing settings and turn off the spritesheet option. Then the HTML should work as a local test.

• 2. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
            ZacW Level 1

Many thanks worked fine.

When i did the test movie a previous test page was displayed and the clear cache for test movie is greyed out.

I turned of the export all images as sprite sheet and the running the file locally then worked and i can see the images.

So do i use the sprite sheet export when I'm ready to publish to a web server and any idea why i don't get the current file I'm working on displayed when i test the the movie ?

• 3. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
              marjantrajkovski Level 4

Dont use spritesheets. There is only that option for those who want that.

• 4. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
                Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You could do spritesheets for the version that is going on the server, to save the number of downloads. Another option is to change the HTML to have it download more images at one time. Look in the HTML for the first line, and then add the second line:

var loader = new createjs.LoadQueue(false);

loader.setMaxConnections(6);

That will make it download up to six things at once.

About the cache issue, the clear cache that is grayed out, that's more to do with publishing to AIR. But, there is an issue that I think is being worked on, where you have to clear the browser cache in order to see the latest version of your file. So, do a test movie, and if the browser window looks out of date, do a browser clear cache, and reload the page.

• 5. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
                  ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Sprite sheets are only useful in the very specific instance of a page needing to load a lot of small PNGs. If instead your page uses a few large JPGs, it will increase the size of your asset downloads by an order of magnitude. Adobe really, really shouldn't have made it the default.

• 6. Re: New to Flash CC & HTML Canvas Errors
                    andym48918110 Level 1

I think it's being adopted as practice because in some cases it can have a lighter image load than multiple images. I haven't found a way to test that so I can't verify if it's true or not. It does great with GSAP but that's a different animal.