You could most likely create a Photo Collage Template for my Photo Collage Toolkit. Then use the script BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx to populate the template with coin images. The coin file names would need to have a prefix that would cause the coins front and back to sort together any file type can be used.. Note the prefix and type will be stripped from the filename the remaining name stamped on the images. Images will be sized and positioned for the template. You would need and even number of image location in you template.
Photo Collage Toolkit
Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this A video showing a 5 image collage PSD template being populates with images:
The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.
- Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
- Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
- Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
- Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.
There are twelve scripts in this package they provide the following functions:
- TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
- CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
- LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
- InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
- ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
- ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
- PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
- BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
- BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
- BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder
- PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
- PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.
Thanks for your explanation! I have Photoshop CC and I get an error message when trying opening the jsx file. Main() errCode[-35] line Exception.
So I'm not sure if its useful.
That message tells me that your not using my script BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx script for it is only 1113 line and the word Main does not exist in that file.
You need to copy my *.jsx scripts to Photoshop Presets\Scripts\ folder. You run the script from menu File>Scripts>Script Name.
Place the .jxs files in Photoshop Presets\Scripts Folder
Drop the .atn files and .asl files onto Photoshop to load the actions and Layer styles
Unzip CollageTemplates.zip into "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Templates" or any folder you want to keep your collage templates in.
You will see the scripts listed in Photoshop menu File>Scripts>script name
Files in zip
2.) JJmack's Photo Collage Toolkit Scripts.atn
4.) Photo Collage Styles.asl
5.) Photo Collage Text Styles.asl
Hi JJMack, Thanks for your explanation. I think I did the right actions but the result seems a bit strange.
But to make a collage is not the hardest thing for me, I can do that with the contactsheets II script in PS. The hardest thing is to save it and rename it automatic with the number of the coin.
Your results are strange most likely because you did not read the documentation. I have no idea what you template looked like. The difference between Collage and Contact sheet is collages can have more embellishments, style and image sizing method may be very different.
Here I use the script and a selected a 16"x16" template file that has 16 (3.5" x 3.5") square images location.
I select an Input image folder on my desktop named coin. In that folder, there are 18 coins Head and Tail. All the same coin.
I selected an output folder on my desktop.
I checked the option to stamp File name on the image selected the Font and text layer style and also select image layer style 6, And clicked create collages
Thats a good step forward and clear explanation. Thanks a lot!
The next thing was to automatic rename the file. so 23423head.tiff and 23423tall.tiff has to combine to the result of a file named 23423.tiff.
For that part a ask someone to write a script for me and that works fine. So my problem is solved.
Thank you for your help JJMack
4000 Coins will take a long time. 8 in a collage like it showed would create 5000 psd file and the batch would take the better par of a day to run. I was just learning a bit about script when I create my package and wanted to see if I could un-populate a collage so that what I did in the script. I could easily cut the execution time in half and just keep populating the empty template. I just neve got around to that removing the code and keep to original template open. So all I need to do is duplicate and populate the dupe.. 8000 images are more images then I'll ever process in a batch.