- Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
- Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
- Select Erase Authorization.
- Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
- Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize
Hi, can you please explain what these steps are intended to do?
I have two Adobe ID's - one for my business, and one personal for ebooks.
Will this have affect both of them?
The error say that activation are not right in your system. You must remove it and authoirze again. Which of Adobe ID do you used its your decision.