3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 6:47 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I add recorded music to the sound track?

farney1946

How do I add recorded music to my sound track?

• 1. Re: How do I add recorded music to the sound track?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

farney

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system?

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Adding media into Adobe Premiere Elements

You can import it into the project with Add Media/Files and Folders/

If you have iTunes music is it likely that you will have to convert it to the WAV version before you import it into the Premiere Elements project with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders/

Depending on the version of the program that you have, the project comes with Music Scores that can be used for Soundtrack. Drag & Drop into the Timeline soundtrack.

Please consider and supply details. The details will enable us to take a generalized reply to a customized one.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I add recorded music to the sound track?
            farney1946 Level 1

Mr. Romano: I have Premiere Elements 12. Operating system is Windows 10.  I want to bring songs from ITunes to the Expert interface. How do I convert songs to .wav format?

Tom

• 3. Re: How do I add recorded music to the sound track?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

Thanks for the follow up.

Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit). Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? Please consider.

Import your files into the My Music iTunes Library...File Menu/Add File to Library

Then, Edit Menu/Preferences/General

In General, go to the Import Settings Tab, and click on it.

In the Import Settings dialog that opens, set WAV Encoder in the "Import Using" field. OK, OK out of there.

Back in the iTunes Library, right click the entry that you want to convert, and, from the drop down menu that results, click on Create WAV Version.

The WAV Version will then be included in the My Music Library. Right click the WAV Version, select Copy. And, then paste the file to the computer desktop or your hard drive choice.

In Premiere Elements, use the project's Expert workspace Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to bring the WAV file into the project. Drag the WAV file to the soundtrack.

Please consider, and let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR