4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 6:30 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I keep elements from updating raw EVERYTIME I open the program?  There is room on my drive, I have accepted the update over a dozen times

tedj68829050

Is there real time Adobe support, I spent 10 minutes to get to the forum.

How can I stop elements and primere from downloading from every usb I put in my PC, its driving me crazy, it automatically loads everytime without giving me the option to name the file or stop the download.  Its slow as snail snot too.

• 1. Re: How do I keep elements from updating raw EVERYTIME I open the program?  There is room on my drive, I have accepted the update over a dozen times
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tedj

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially user to user. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined.

Your thread is appearing in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

What version of Premiere Elements do you have, what computer operating system is involved?

More details are needed to help you...examples...

1. Are in using Premiere Element and one of the Add Media/ choices that take you to the Video Importer?

2. Other, which might include that you are not using Premiere Elements at all, rather Photoshop Elements (video editor). Or, maybe in the Elements Organizer?

Please consider, give more details, and we will help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I keep elements from updating raw EVERYTIME I open the program?  There is room on my drive, I have accepted the update over a dozen times
            tedj68829050 Level 1

Thanks and sorry to take so long to get back. After a couple of hours I was able to upload my videos and then was away for the weekend from my PC. I know some of this is pilot error, I thought the soft ware would be intuitive like Picasa, but it take time to understand.  I think you are right, when I put in a usb drive, elements organizer comes up automatically and starts downloading. I am using a PC with Windows Pro 7, I have elements and premier 13.  I think if elements organizer is open and I open premiere, its too much for my PC to run quickly. I guess I need a forum on elements organizer. Sorry I am so clueless.  If I shoot photos and video on the same card/same dslr camera, what is the best way to download and seperate the two types of media?  Also if you know,  please tell me how I can change my setup so it downloads everytime I put in a usb drive.

• 4. Re: How do I keep elements from updating raw EVERYTIME I open the program?  There is room on my drive, I have accepted the update over a dozen times
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tedj

Thanks for the replies.

Allow me to go over some possibilities and then you can decide if they apply to you.

I am dealing with just Premiere Elements 13/13.1...you put your USB flash drive with photos and videos into the USB port in the computer.

The computer recognizes it as a drive and you see the drive with an assigned drive letter.

You get the videos from the USB --

Premiere Elements/Add Media/Videos from Flip or Cameras/Video Importer with Source = the name of the USB drive.

You will see thumbnails at that location for all the videos on the USB Flash Drive. No stopping that as far as I have ever found and seen reported. In the Video Importer you select which ones you want by placing a check mark next to them. There is no telling the Video Importer which videos on the USB to show in Video Importer. You get them all (videos). You can control the Video Importer to the extent of setting which ones are to be imported into the project or saved to a computer hard drive location.

Similar situation for the photos on that same USB Flash Drive. Works only when Add Media/Photos from cameras or devices/Adobe Premiere Elements - Photo Downloader.

A way to bypass the Video Importer or Adobe Premiere Elements - Photo Downloader experience is to copy/save the videos and photos from the USB Flash Drive to the computer hard drive location and from there use Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders/ to pick and choose what you want to import into Premiere Elements project.

I think that what you are presenting is the Video Importer copying all your files from the USB for you to select what you want, rather than you giving directions to the Video Importer as to what to import into it.

ATR