2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 3:31 AM by danwildmind

Lightroom cc 2015 trial gives error messages when opening

danwildmind

hey, i just installed the Lightroom cc 2015 trial, but it doesn't open. It gives two error messages: 1) An internal error occurred. 2) An error occurred when attempting to change modules. I went on different forums and support pages. Lots of them tell to rename folders or something like this, but i can't find these folders on my mac. And there are so many suggestions that i don't know which one to listen to.

• 1. Re: Lightroom cc 2015 trial gives error messages when opening
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi danwildmind,

This issue occurs normally when the Adobe Folders required to launch Lightroom do not have Read/Write Permissions.

Please follow this article Error changing modules and grant Permissions to required Folders

Here is a Duplicate Thread Lightroom: "An error occurred when attempting to change modules."

Now as you have gone though the Troubleshooting already

You need to ensure that Adobe Folders have Read/Write persimmons.

Follow the steps below to :-

• Go to Folder  ~/library/Application Support/Adobe = User Library  [  do not miss ~ symbol ]
          • Also Go to Folder  /library/ Application Support/ Adobe = System Library
          • When you open GetInfo option for Adobe folder .
          • Make sure to click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user account and Administrator user account, if it is not added .

Both must have Read and Write access to prevent these kinda issues in future .

Important :

• Once you had added both Currently logged in user account and Administrator user accounts and provided Read and Write access.
          • Make sure to Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item.
          • Lock and close the Get Info dialog box.
          • So that all folders present inside Adobe folder will get Read and Write access.

ss.jpg

Let us know if that helps

~Akash