2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 4:28 PM by Donald_Carter

input form with editble datagrid, but 2 db tables

Donald_Carter
      Ok, basically it like this. One form called "project" has a db table called "project". But there is also a datagrid on the 'project" form that is called "materials" that is linked to a different db table. However both the "materials" and "project" tables have a relationship link. Since each "project" record will have different "materials".
      How do I set this up in Flex. I can create the "materials" datagrid and do stuff stuff like 'add', 'update', and 'delete'. But I need to have the datagrid on the same form as "project". "Project" will have stuff like 'date', 'time', 'user', 'tasks', etc..

Any help is great

Thank You
        • 1. Re: input form with editble datagrid, but 2 db tables
          rtalton Level 4
          Can you query your db tables with a join query? if so, then you'd have only one data provider coming in, and can filter that and supply to the two data grids.
          • 2. input form with editble datagrid, but 2 db tables
            Donald_Carter Level 1
            The problem is not data coming in but inputing data. so when the form in populated and the datagrid is populated the recordID of the materials table and the recordID of the project table will be linked. Then when the project record is retrieved later it will have only the materials for that project record in the datagrid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            | project name field user field date field |
            | |
            | |
            | |
            | |
            | *************************************** |
            | | editable datagrid "materials" | |
            | | | |
            | | | |
            | *************************************** |
            | |
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------