1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 7:07 AM by dj_paige

how to change import location

rebeccam87547281

I have LR4.  When I installed the cloud based version, I think I chose to store pictures in my account.  With in lightroom it will not allow me to change the import location or check make duplicate.  (I typically store the files on two external hard drives).  I am looking for a way not in the LR import window to change what ever setting I need to to allow me to go back being able to change the import location from "my Catalog" to one of the external hard drives and be allowed to load to a second location simultaneously.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: how to change import location
          dj_paige Level 9

First, you need to be sure you have select COPY at the top of the Import dialog box (not ADD)

Then, you should be able to set the Destination (it's on the right hand side) to any disk/folder you want, and also change the setting so you can make a 2nd copy.

When you say "With in lightroom it will not allow me to change the import location or check make duplicate", what exactly is happening? Is there an error message? Or something else happening? Describe in detail.