1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 11:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

SWF Loader scaling my SWFs

whomba
      Hello all,
      I have a Flex app that loads in a swf using 'SWFLoader' tag. the SWFloader and the swf being loaded in are the same height and width (see attached code) Now, the SWF getting loaded in is also 468 X 351 however the designers that made it have crazy amount of random Movie Clips EVERYWHERE that isn't on the stage. My guess is that the actual height and width of the SWF is close to 1000 X 1000. When I load this SWF in to my SWFLoader it scales everything down so all of the MovieClips are inside of this SWFLoader rather than just the SWF's Stage. Any Suggestions?
        • 1. Re: SWF Loader scaling my SWFs
          Level 7

"whomba" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:glq6j0$b20$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello all,
          > I have a Flex app that loads in a swf using 'SWFLoader' tag. the SWFloader
          > and
          > the swf being loaded in are the same height and width (see attached code)
          > Now,
          > the SWF getting loaded in is also 468 X 351 however the designers that
          > made it
          > have crazy amount of random Movie Clips EVERYWHERE that isn't on the
          > stage. My
          > guess is that the actual height and width of the SWF is close to 1000 X
          > 1000.
          > When I load this SWF in to my SWFLoader it scales everything down so all
          > of the
          > MovieClips are inside of this SWFLoader rather than just the SWF's Stage.
          > Any
          > Suggestions?
          >
          > <mx:SWFLoader id="mainMovieSWF" height="351" width="468"
          > source="{mainMovieSrc}" scaleContent="false"/>

Try wrapping it as a component with the Flex component kit. That way you
          get to specify the bounding box.

HTH;

Amy