4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 10:36 AM by resdesign

Help needed with EdgeCommons Interactive SVG

osiris95

Hello, and apologies in advance if this has been answered before, but I could not find it.

I'm working with an Interactive SVG in Adobe Edge Animate CC and have watched the tutorial here:

Interactive SVG (Adobe Edge Animate Online Week, Episode 10) - YouTube

I have my stage setup, I've imported my SVG (which I named the layers) and when clicking on the different parts of the SVG, my text area does not change.

I downloaded the project and imported the tutorial SVG and it works flawlessly with my text area. I've made sure the script is referencing the correct SVG, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get past this roadblock. :-(

Does anyone have any advice? I'm assuming since the project SVG works and mine does not, it has to be the way my SVG was created in illustrator?

Many thanks,

Charles

• 1. Re: Help needed with EdgeCommons Interactive SVG
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

make sure you have the latest version of EC because the one in the tutorial is the older version and it does not work in latest version of EA.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help needed with EdgeCommons Interactive SVG
            osiris95 Level 1

Hi Resdesign, thanks for responding... the odd thing is, I've tried using both versions of the EA js file and I get the same results in both.

I've loaded the tutorial and EA updated the tutorial file and it worked flawlessly.

I then added my own SVG called "strange.svg" to the tutorial file. It has two layers named Blue and Green in it and I open up the stage code and change this line:  EC.SVG.accessSVG(sym.$("character")).done( and substitute my new SVG  "strange" instead of "character" and it does not work when clicking on my SVG parts.

This is leading me to believe there is something possibly wrong with the SVG, or I'm missing something somewhere...?

• 3. Re: Help needed with EdgeCommons Interactive SVG

If you want you can PM me a link to your files and I will look at it tonight.

• 4. Re: Help needed with EdgeCommons Interactive SVG

Things to check when working with SVG and EC:

1. Use the version of EC corresponding to your version of EA  - latest is v 1.4
                2. In AI - make sure you load the javascript file svg.js using the SVG interactive panel (see screenshots below) - put this file in the images folder.
                3. Make sure you use the latest version of jquery - jquery comes first then EC in the Script panel
                4. some use yepnope to load EC - I personally load it in the script panel.

svgMenu-1.pngsvgMenu-2.png

svgMenu-3.pngsvgMenu-4.pngsvgMenu-5.png