7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 4:41 PM by DGDF3W4

AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?

DGDF3W4

Hey guys,

So I made this same post a while back and still did not get a proper answer/solution to this issue, so I will just ask here again.

Recently, I have acquired a new hard drive, brand new with nothing on it. So I had everything backed-up and re-installing AE CC 2014 - including plugins, presets, etc.

While I was working on a project, I wanted to import a .png image, however I realized that it did not allow me to. As I go to import an image/file - the window that pops up to locate the file does not show the option to import any .jpg or .png items on my computer. So my solution was to just manually drag the item into the project file - however it still would not allow it as nothing would happen if I did that.

If I return back to the 'import file' window (to search my computer for the file) and change the drop-down list to "All Files" and select my image from there, it would give me an error message - something along the lines of dynamic link.

Any solutions? PLEASE help me - I'm in dire need this.

• 1. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What OS? Have you updated CC 2014 to 13.2? What file types will it import? Did you install it fresh on the hard drive, or did you copy the installation over from your old hard drive?

• 2. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?
            DGDF3W4 Level 1

Windows 7, yes I have, and files that I've tried are just .mp3/.wav/mp4 - mainly video and SFX files, and yes it is freshly installed

• 3. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?
              DGDF3W4 Level 1

I'm not really sure if it's the actual program that is functioning improperly, or if it's my PC that is missing certain files that would need for AE or any other program in order for picture importing to work properly

• 4. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?

Do you have any third-party plugins installed? Have you installed any third-party codec packs? What version of QuickTime do you have installed?

Have you tried it in CC 2015? (By the way, if you do go to install CC 2015, don't let it remove your old version: keeping previous versions installed when installing CC 2015 applications )

• 5. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?
                  DGDF3W4 Level 1

I have many, including BCC, Looks, Sapphire, RSMB, Twixtor, etc. I'm not too sure what you mena by third-party codec packs

I also have the latest QuickTime as I've recently installed it off their website. I do not have 2015 as I did not want to upgrade to it as I've heard many things about it and rather stay 2014 for now.

• 6. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?

DGDF3W4 wrote:

I have many, including BCC, Looks, Sapphire, RSMB, Twixtor, etc.

Try removing all of them and launching AE again and try importing. If it works, put the plugins back in one-by-one until you discover which one is causing the issue.

DGDF3W4 wrote:

I'm not too sure what you mena by third-party codec packs

I have seen a number of people with issues regarding third-party codec packs like K-Lite. If you haven't installed anything like that, good!

What other software have you installed?

What antivirus/antimalware/antispyware software are you using?

Have you installed any video playback software besides QuickTime?

DGDF3W4 wrote:

I also have the latest QuickTime as I've recently installed it off their website.

When you say "latest", do you mean QuickTime X or QuickTime 7?

You don't want X; you want 7.

DGDF3W4 wrote:

I do not have 2015 as I did not want to upgrade to it as I've heard many things about it and rather stay 2014 for now.

The latest update to CC 2015 (13.6.1) works really well for me and many other people. You can install it without disturbing your CC 2014 installation. I would recommend installing it for troubleshooting purposes at least! Just make sure you don't let it remove your old versions - which it defaults to doing for some dumb reason...

More info here: keeping previous versions installed when installing CC 2015 applications

I have CS5, CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015 all installed on my home studio and they all work just fine. After installing CC 2015, you can continue working in CC 2014 if you prefer it! On my system, working in CC 2015 is much snappier and I really like the new expression handling. Anyway, you can make up your own mind about that - it's just a thought.

You could also install the original CC (version 12) and see how it behaves. Heck, you could even install CS6 if you wanted to!

• 7. Re: AE CC 2014 - Importing Images (.jpg/.png)?
                      DGDF3W4 Level 1

Alright thanks, I'll try and check all of this when i get the chance to!