just confirmed exact same bug in Reader DC for Mac OS
There is something wrong with your document. It doesn't create the field "RawDataText" on all spawned pages.
exactly. this is why i am filing this issue.
When I create a new document with the actual Adobe Acrobat DC the field will repeat on all spawned pages.
- Create PDF in Adobe Pro XI
- Open in Adobe Reader DC
- Watch the bug
I don't use this old version of Acrobat.
why did you bother to answer then?
When you don't want my help then I give up.
You say it is a bug in DC. But it isn't.
- i created PDF in Adobe Pro XI fine
- it works fine in Adobe Reader XI
- it fails in Adobe Reader DC
where is the bug?
- PDF is Portable Document Format. it should not depend on software i use
- i do not have Adobe Pro DC license and not going to obtain one.
I just tried this with Adobe Reader DC on Mac OS X:
MORE WEIRD STUFF
- SAVE PDF WITH ADDED 4 PAGES FROM READER
- OPEN IN ADOBE XI
- SCROLL TO PAGE 7
- Error reading (14)
- Zoom jumps to 5983%
I cannot duplicate your problems. Here is what I did (all this on a Mac running OS X 10.10.5):
1. Open the file TEMPLATE_SPAWN_DC_ISSUE.pdf in Adobe Reader DC version 2015.009.20069
2. Click on the button "Add 4 Templates"
3. Save the file under a new name (TEMPLATE_SPAWN_DC_ISSUE_Saved.pdf)
4. Open the just saved file in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.14
5. Scroll through document -> All pages are correctly displayed, I can see the four spawned pages with the correct information on them
This does not mean that there is nothing wrong, it just means that it's not a problem that is easily reproducible. Based on your description, you have not used any other applications besides Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Adobe Reader DC. How did you create the original PDF file? I noticed that the PDF file topic.pdf that you included in the ZIP file was created using Apache FOP. Did you use any non-Adobe application to create the original PDF file? If so, I would start over with a file that was only touched by Adobe software. In that case, it would be possible that a corruption in the original PDF file could cause strange behavior along the way. If you can verify this with just Adobe Acrobat and Reader, you are looking at a genuine bug, and there is unfortunately nothing we can do (remember, we are all users of Adobe's PDF technology, just like you). You would have to report it to Adobe using this page: Feature Request/Bug Report Form
Thanks a lot.
1, Adobe Reader DC version 2015.009.20069 is not the latest.
As far as i i understand Problem was brought by latest update.
2. i created TEMPLATE_SPAWN_DC_ISSUE.pdf (18 kB) from scratch today in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
You can find all at Dropbox - TEMPLATE_SPAWN_DC_ISSUE
Looks like that Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC doesn't like templates created by Acrobat XI.
I just upgraded Reader DC, and sure enough, I can now see your problem. This is indeed a bug in both Acrobat DC and Reader DC with the newest build. You will have to report this as a bug with the link I've provided.
Acrobat DC like templates created by Acrobat XI.
It displayed properly
They got peculiar bug with spawning
Create the template with Adobe Acrobat DC and there is no bug with spawning.
- I like PRO Xi better
- I do not have money for DC
- DC version 2015.009.20069 worked fine
- latest DC update brought this issue
- any other ideas?
Did you report the bug?
Unfortunately, that's a limitation of Adobe's bug reporting system. However, I've been assured many times that Adobe staff is processing all input received via the bug reporting system.
BTW: I was able to reproduce the problem with a file created from scratch. So this definitely does not have anything to do with your specific file, or your system.