• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone know how to customize the "click" in Hotspot quiz? (Captivate 9)

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Hotspot template and I notice the user can click on each hotspot repeatedly, leaving those pulsing circles all over the place... anyone know how to limit the template to one click per hotspot? Or at least only showing one visible click per hotspot?

Thanks--

Chuck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the answer you'll expect I presume: never use that type of quiz slide but create your own hotspot question slides.

There are some quiz types that I will rarely use and this is certainly number one on my list. It is not that hard to create your own hotspot question slide and you'll not encounter the issue that you described and much more problems. Have a look at this blog post:

Custom Hotspot questions in Captivate 8 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok cool...  thanks, I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, you need to be aware that if you build your own quiz question slides using other Captivate interactive objects, these slides will NOT be treated the same as the ones based on quiz slide templates.  For example, they will not show up in Review Mode and will not have icons showing the correct and incorrect answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can be done also for custom question slides, both what to show in Review mode and feedback with the correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, but it's not done by Captivate automatically.  The e-learning developer has to put in a lot of work.  I wanted the user to know that building your own quiz questions requires significantly more work than just adding the equivalent quiz question from a templated slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources