5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2016 5:42 PM by A.T. Romano

adobe premiere elements 12.0 will not recognize logitech microphone

cue

I cannot get Adobe Premiere Elements to recognize my Logitech USB Microphone.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

• 1. Re: adobe premiere elements 12.0 will not recognize logitech microphone
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 12? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

What model USB Microphone?

Is it recognized by the computer operating system?

Have you checked Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO Input Output

Have you checked computer system audio settings?

USB have a long history of problems with Premiere Elements. Of late we do not see the usual Adobe Known Issues to include USB Microphones that way it use to.

Do you have a microphone that plugs into a computer jack that you could use for troubleshooting comparisons?

Please consider, give details, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: adobe premiere elements 12.0 will not recognize logitech microphone
            A.T. Romano Level 7

cue

Thanks for the reply but there was no message in the reply. Please try again as your schedule permits.

There is another user also having this type of posting problem here tonight. There may be a problem with the web site. Not sure.

The other user go through after repeated try.

ATR

• 4. Re: adobe premiere elements 12.0 will not recognize logitech microphone
              cue Level 1

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 12? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.  "Yes it has been updated to 12.1"

What model USB Microphone?  "logitech"

Is it recognized by the computer operating system?  "Yes it can be used by any other program I have"

Have you checked Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO Input Output  "It shows in the ASIO and is enabled.  However, the only choice I have in the Default Device is Premiere Elements WDM Sound the Logitech device does not show."

Have you checked computer system audio settings?  "Yes and everything is fine in that respect"

USB have a long history of problems with Premiere Elements. Of late we do not see the usual Adobe Known Issues to include USB Microphones that way it use to.

Do you have a microphone that plugs into a computer jack that you could use for troubleshooting comparisons?  "No I'm sorry I don't have another device"

• 5. Re: adobe premiere elements 12.0 will not recognize logitech microphone
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

Thanks for the reply.

Check List based on what you wrote....

When you are checking out the Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound and Sound/Recording, is your USB Microphone listed there?

If it is listed and you double click on that name of your USB Microphone and go to Microphone Properties and its Advanced Tab, do you have a check mark next to

Allow applications to make exclusive control of this device

and

Give exclusive mode applications priority

You have already said that the USB Microphone is not being listed in Premiere Elements Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO Input.

Logitech is typically the brand name. Is there a model name that you see for this microphone in its product literature? Is this desktop or headset?

Just in case question, does your monitor come with a built in microphone?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR