3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 12:27 PM by staze

Creative cloud client updates applications only to major releases

Autokurs

The creative cloud client is able to install and update apps. For example months ago I installed InDesign 2014 with the client and everything works fine. The client also updated InDesign 2014 to 2015 at the release date (major updates).

In the meantime Adobe releases InDesign 2015.1 and 2015.2 (minor updates). And that's the problem: the client don't show me this minor updates.

This problem occurs with all Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, Photoshop etc.).

I've tried to completely deinstall the applications and install it new; the problem persists.

I have a creative cloud for teams license.

Thanks for the help!

Christian

• 1. Re: Creative cloud client updates applications only to major releases
          Håvard Graudo Level 1

I am also seeing this on several users - but not all. All running Macs. I have had many hours with Adobe Tech support on this, but they have no solution.

If you are on a Mac platform; Did you by any chance have backup-disks or an old startupdisk connected to your Mac when you installed Creative Cloud? (Like you transferred your old computer disk to a new machine - and the old startup disk was still mounted on the desktop when you installed Creative Cloud?) Or a Time Machine disk, server-disks with backups or anything else where an old copy of adobe software or settings files may exist?

Somewhere deep down my guts there is a voice telling me that Creative Cloud may get confused with this. But I cannot back it up with emprical evidence.

Also: do you install Creative Suite in another language than your OS? I am on Norwegian OS, but want the English (international) for Creative Cloud applications.

• 2. Re: Creative cloud client updates applications only to major releases
            Autokurs Level 1

Thanks for your answer. Your problem seems to be the same.  My system differs a bit from yours.

I'm on Windows 7. Before Creative Cloud I used Adobe Creative Suite. So there is a chance, that the Creative Cloud Client imported some settings from Creative Suite and that caused the problems.

Maybe I should delete and uninstall everything from Adobe, all the apps, settings, config files and registry keys. And after that install everything new with the Creative Cloud Client.

That's a lot of work.

Btw: my system language is the same as the Creative Suite / Creative Cloud language.

• 3. Re: Creative cloud client updates applications only to major releases
              staze

I'm at a complete loss on this. All my workstations think they're updated, but clearly there are 2015.2 installs that aren't happening (specifically Premiere and After Effects). I've installed a newer Creative Cloud app, nothing. remoteupdatemanager via the command line also says they're up to date.

I can only think Adobe has missed the point of point releases, and is treating this like a major update. Worse, Premiere projects created in 2015.2 don't open in 2015.0. Come on guys, you're supposed to be better than Apple with this stuff. This isn't Final Cut!