1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 10:57 PM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

Time for Adobe to Remove Sanctions Against Iran as Other Companies Do?!

yasharhv

Hi there to Adobe community

As you may know, over past years, Adobe blocked access to his hole website from Iran and you can't even open adobe.com in Iran (Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "http://www.adobe.com/" on this server.) The only solution is use some proxies or VPN connection to even updating our flash players!

Though I really wonder how restricting PEOPLE from upgrading their e.i. flash players, would limit the government's nuclear program! And if someone really wants to do some illegal things with the website, he can open it via those ways I mentioned!

Ok! I try to understand that you were obeying US and international rules against Iran, blah blah blah! But now, after the international deal with Iran, and removing the sanctions against the country, isn't the time for Adobe to do the similar actions?! Other companies has started this process to, for example Yahoo added "Iran" in their country list on registration page and they even now send text messages to Iranian numbers. Google did some similar actions too.

Now the question is, isn't time for Iranian users to normally upgrade their Flash Player and Adobe reader software to read some ebooks and watch Youtube videos?! and rome the name Iran, from that paragraph in Adobe End-User License Agreement?!

"By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals."

Thanks in Advance