5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 1:43 PM by Szalam

help using after effects on wondows 7

glenm82552910

Hi all Ihave installed free trial of after effects but when trying to open a simple intro video I want to edit I am getting sore errors. The program is asking for nirira graphic download or cuda  also the file is saying to be converted to 9.0 any ideas? I am new to this and want to see if it will work for me. I just want to edit basic after effects intros with my own logo. Adobe told me that my operating system may need re loading is this correct? HEEELLLPP!!!!

• 1. Re: help using after effects on wondows 7
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first "error" message is likely about the ray-traced renderer which is considered an obsolete feature, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can feel free to press the "never show this again" button.

The second "error" message is just telling you that the AE project you're opening was created in an older version of AE. After Effects version 9 is better known as CS4 to most people. The current version of After Effects (CC 2015) is version 13.6

So, both messages can be ignored.

• 2. Re: help using after effects on wondows 7
            glenm82552910 Level 1

Hi Szalam

thanks so much for this I am uncertain why the image I am trying to edit is not coming live - it is from video blocks - a simple animation intro that I want to change the text - thats all. But the image is not oppening - only showing coloured blocks. When I bypass the ray traced messaged it says 'project must be converted from version 9.0.2' and I click OK. I get a warning 4 files are missing since you last oppenned project - Ok - then it says the file ' shattered logo aep" is locked you can't save any changes to this file, the screen then opens but showing coloured blocks - on a tutorial I am watching the logo artwork should have oppenned.

I am not sure if it is my machine - it does the same on my laptop?

Thanks so much for any advice

• 3. Re: help using after effects on wondows 7

The message that says you can't save any changes to that file just means you've opened an AE template file. You can "Save As" and make a version of it with your changes.

The only message that really matters is the one about missing files.

The "missing files" it's talking about should have come with your template. They're just residing in a different place in your computer than they were on the template-creator's computer. Simply go into the project panel and replace one of the missing files with the one it's looking for. It will likely find the other three automatically at that point. More info here: Easily find missing footage, fonts, and effects

• 4. Re: help using after effects on wondows 7
                glenm82552910 Level 1

Hi S thanks for the help i am getting there - 1 more thing right at the end

of an intro called shattered I found in videoblocks.com after rendering the

finished job has a white box covering it. can you suggest how I might

remove this layer - I have tried removing layers but it removes most of the

content. Its like there is a white text box covering the actual animation -

if this was not there I would have actually achieved what I set out to do.

• 5. Re: help using after effects on wondows 7

Could you show us a screenshot or video of the problem?