5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 4:48 PM by A.T. Romano

is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10

robertd89957614

When I download a movie clip it only has two colored arrows and I can not click on the clip.  any thoughts

• 1. Re: is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robertd

I have Windows 10 64 bit installed on two computers. Premiere Elements 4 works on both of them. But....

What are the properties of the movie clip that you are trying to import into Premiere Elements 4? If it uses the AVCHD format, remember that the AVCHD format was not supported by Premiere Elements until Premiere Elements 7. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer? Are you running the program as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

Please try to get information on the movie clip - video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio. Telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the movie clip can give us the important file information that we need.

Please consider, supply details, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10
            robertd89957614 Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I was using it fine until I updated to Windows 10.  now, when I import the video clips from my Sony camcorder, they import and appear in Element 4 but the clip does not show a thumbnail.  the clip only displays a  green and red arrow like a circle.  I can not click on the clip or drag down to make a movie below.  it says it is a .mpg movie.  for quicktime I am using version 7.7.6.  any thoughts?

[personal email removed by moderator]

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:40 AM

Subject:  is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionrobertd I have Windows 10 64 bit installed on two computers. Premiere Elements 4 works on both of them. But.... What are the properties of the movie clip that you are trying to import into Premiere Elements 4? If it uses the AVCHD format, remember that the AVCHD format was not supported by Premiere Elements until Premiere Elements 7. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer? Are you running the program as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)? Please try to get information on the movie clip - video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio. Telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the movie clip can give us the important file information that we need. Please consider, supply details, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8417882#8417882 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8417882#8417882 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

robertd

Thanks for the reply.

What is the model of the Sony camcorder and what are your recording settings.

How are you importing the video into Premiere Elements 4 - Add Media/Files and Folders/ or something else?

I will try to find a sample from the Sony and try it using Premiere Elements 4 on Windows 10 64 bit and Premiere Elements 4 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please update QuickTime 7 to the current version which is 7.7.9 using the following link

QuickTime - Download - Apple

Is the problem confined to one particular file or all the files from that Sony camera? Are all other imports (stills or videos from other sources) OK?

ATR

• 4. Re: is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10
                robertd89957614 Level 1

thanks again for the reply.  The sony is camcorder DCR-SR68.  I am importing using the - Add Media/Files then I select the file to download. it seems to download but I can not see the thumbnail or click on the clip.

if it matters, my computer is 32bit not 64. This problem occurs for all media files (pic and video).

I will try the new version of quicktime.

[personal email removed by Moderator]

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 1:17 PM

Subject:  is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionrobertd Thanks for the reply. What is the model of the Sony camcorder and what are your recording settings. How are you importing the video into Premiere Elements 4 - Add Media/Files and Folders/ or something else? I will try to find a sample from the Sony and try it using Premiere Elements 4 on Windows 10 64 bit and Premiere Elements 4 on Windows 7 64 bit. Please update QuickTime 7 to the current version which is 7.7.9 using the following linkQuickTime - Download - Apple Is the problem confined to one particular file or all the files from that Sony camera? Are all other imports (stills or videos from other sources) OK? ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8418479#8418479 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8418479#8418479 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: is premier elements 4 compatible with windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

robertd

From what I have read your Sony should be giving you MPEG2.mpg files 640 x 480. Premiere Elements 4 should be accepting those files.

First thing, make sure that QuickTime 7 is up to date (latest version of it is 7.7.9).

Are you getting any messages about MPEG2 Activation? What is the duration of the video files, and what are the pixel dimensions of the photos?

Were are you storing these pictures and videos on your computer? Are you storing them on an external hard drive and importing them into the project from there? Move some pictures and videos to your computer Video Folder or Documents Folder. Then open a new project and import those pictures and videos in Video Folder or Documents Folder into the Premiere Elements 4 project with the project's Get Media/Files and Folders.

Let us determine if any of the above has any impact on the problem.

Also double check to assure that your video card/graphics card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card.

Thank you for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

ATR