1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 11:42 AM by oksamurai

how do i make a puppet to use in adobe character

williew83493900

Hi,

So to elaborate on the main question, I would also like to know if it's possible to add to a puppet different perspectives (e.g. side view, back, 3/4), different hand positions, etc. to parts to make more fluid animation? Thank you very much in advance for any information you can provide.

Willie Woodward

• 1. Re: how do i make a puppet to use in adobe character
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

Yes, although there aren't many examples of each out there yet. The "Head Turner" behavior allows you to control 5 different head positions with your webcam - you could just make different body positions as part of those head groups. Check out Seth in the Character Animator Examples project for an example of head turning. Also, check out the "Hilary's Power Suit" cartoon at the bottom of that page as an example of one user who did a lot of cycle layer animations for pointing, hands clapping, and other gestures/poses. If you look at Gene in the example project, you'll see some cycle layers examples you could try to emulate (press a key to trigger a 10-frame animation, for example).

Anyway, bottom line - yes, it's possible. We'll have a better video tutorial about how to do this in the future!