2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 11:44 AM by D.srinivas

compiled VideoPlayer.mxml error

Hiiji_Nanachi
      I used mxmlc compile file videoPlayer.mxml it has error.. (I get this file from sample folder in the FMS)
      """
      DynamicStream.as(182): col: 29 Error: Method marked override must override another method.

override public function play2(param:NetStreamPlayOptions):void
      {
      """"
      Please Suggest me.
        • 1. Re: compiled VideoPlayer.mxml error
          SujitG Level 2
          Hi,

Can you please check if the function signature in the child class is as per function overriding rules.

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: compiled VideoPlayer.mxml error
            D.srinivas

Hello Sujit,

I am very new towards Flex, and I also getting the same error.

Please fallow these steps,

1.Download and Install Flash Media Server 3.5,

2.In the installed location you will find a sample folder, with in it there is videoplayer folder, which is nothing but a flex project

I would like to know which version of Flex SDK it is pointing to, which flash player it is targeting to.

I am getting 4 more errors when I am compiling the entire project

the errors are like

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
            1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NetStreamPlayOptions. videoPlayer/src/fl/video DynamicStream.as line 418 1245864923687 23
            1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NetStreamPlayOptions. videoPlayer/src/fl/video DynamicStream.as line 578 1245864923687 24
            A file found in a source-path must have the same package structure 'fl.video', as the definition's package, 'com.perennialsys.custom'. videoplayer/src/fl/video DynamicStream.as Unknown 1245954233312 28
            A file found in a source-path must have the same package structure 'fl.video', as the definition's package, 'com.perennialsys.custom'. videoplayer/src/fl/video DynamicStream.as Unknown 1245954238234 29

Please help