3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 3:53 PM by dj_paige

Is there is a Lightroom in a "box" version?

marcinb82957532

Hello, I just want to know, if there is a Lightroom box version. I hate "clouds" and so on - I travel frequently, sometimes have no internet conection. I hate to send MY data over www. I just want to buy a DVD, install and use it. Sorry to bother you people, but Adobe is another arrogant firm which doesn't have any Tech Support to help it's customers, but makes them work for Adobe (for free) by answering questions.

Best regards - Marcin.

• 1. Re: Is there is a Lightroom in a "box" version?
          ISeward Level 1

You can use LR 6 without an internet connection but you will have to activate any installation over the internet. If you want to install on more than 2 machines you will have to deactivate one of the existing installs.

Ian

• 2. Re: Is there is a Lightroom in a "box" version?
            John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I hate "clouds" and so on - I travel frequently, sometimes have no internet conection. I hate to send MY data over www.

Then you'll have no issues using the Cloud version of Lightroom since it's designed for people like you: travelling, occasional internet connection, store files locally (not over the web).

There are stubborn misconceptions that the Adobe Cloud needs always-on internet and stores all files in the Adobe Cloud. None of that is true.

Adobe no longer sells software in a box. What you're looking for is the perpetually licensed version of Lightroom known as Lightroom 6. That's available via download only.

Download and install Adobe Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

• 3. Re: Is there is a Lightroom in a "box" version?
              dj_paige Level 9

marcinb82957532 wrote:

Hello, I just want to know, if there is a Lightroom box version. I hate "clouds" and so on - I travel frequently, sometimes have no internet conection. I hate to send MY data over www.

You can buy Lightroom in a box from third party retailers like Amazon.

I just want to buy a DVD, install and use it.

I don't see what a "box" has to do with this, and I don't see what your objection to clouds has to do with this. You can purchase the DVD in a box or download the software, you are getting the exact same thing. As others have pointed out, either solution works, neither is a "cloud" solution (because Adobe does not make a version of Lightroom that runs in the cloud, and Adobe does not make a version of Lightroom that stores photos in the cloud). With Lightroom 6, you need to have internet access at the moment you provide the serial number, and not thereafter.