3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 4:01 PM by A.T. Romano

I want to upgrade from 12 to 13 and

ranyav98469555

I dont' see where to do that on the site. Can someone provide the URL. Thanks!

• 1. Re: I want to upgrade from 12 to 13 and
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ranyav

Adobe no longer sells Premiere Elements 13. It currently is only selling the download of the current version which is 14.

If you want 13, then you will have to find an authorized reseller who is still offering it for sale.

Your thread is now being viewed in the Adobe Premiere Element Forum. This is not Adobe, rather essentially a user to user forum for Premiere Elements.

If you are interested in 14, then please check out

Help | What's new in Adobe Premiere Elements 14

Video & movie making software | Adobe Premiere Elements 14

Also remember that in going from 12 to 13, you lose DV and HDV capture firewire and some other features.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Please consider, and supply more information as needed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I want to upgrade from 12 to 13 and
            ranyav98469555 Level 1

Thank you ATR. So, as I understand it, I can't use project files from v13 and I can't buy it from Adobe. That makes collaborating quite difficult. What gives?

• 3. Re: I want to upgrade from 12 to 13 and
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ranyav

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum.

If you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and want to go to Premiere Elements 13/13.1, you need to buy Premiere Elements 13/13.1. Preview Elements upgrades are not workovers of one version for another. Each version is a standalone product. If you see "upgrades" in Adobe sales ads, that upgrade is related to pricing only. That means if you buy from Adobe and if you can show proof of purchase for any earlier version, you can buy the current version from them at a lesser price than what it is calling Full.

Adobe sells only the download for the current version. That current version is 14. Adobe does not sell the boxed version (installation disks) of 14, so, if that is your interest, then you go to the authorized reseller and are governed by its pricing and other policies. And, the authorized reseller is the one to go to for the versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 14 (download or boxed packaging).

It has been as described for a long time.

ATR