3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 2:48 AM by john beardsworth

Unwanted iPhone images mixed with my Lightroom Mobile images on my iPhone

Seapy

I use my iPhone and iPad to show friends and family selected images (Collections) from my main Lightroom catalogue on my Mac desktop computer.

I have 267 images in 23 Collections nominated for mobile sharing from the Desktop computer.  For some reason my iPhone has somehow ingested some of the iPhone's images from it's camera roll into the Lightroom collections.  This is a huge nuisance, I do NOT want these iPhone images mixed with the selected collection images from my computer.

I believe I have stopped Adobe Lr Mobile from accessing the iPhone camera data but it still has many junk images mixed with the selected images from my computer. I have denied Lr Mobile access to my iPhone camera images, it asks to have access to the images reinstated.

I don't want to delete some of these 'Junk' images because they have their own use, records of things I need to keep on my iPhone but they have no artistic or pictorial appeal.

Please, how do I extract these images from the Lightroom Mobile collection on my iPhone without deleting them from my iPhone as well.

This issue does not appear to affect my iPad.  iPhone 6, iOS 9.3, latest Lr Mobile updates.  I just checked and the iPad is now also affected too.  Grrr.

Robert

• 1. Re: Unwanted iPhone images mixed with my Lightroom Mobile images on my iPhone
          greule Adobe Employee

Do you have Auto-add enable within the Lr Mobile settings, accessible via the top left Lr icon within collections view. If so could you try to turn this off. - Guido

• 2. Re: Unwanted iPhone images mixed with my Lightroom Mobile images on my iPhone
            Seapy Level 1

Hi Greule,  Thanks for the reply,  I just checked and it's turned off now.  As soon as I realised what had happened I turned EVERYTHING off!  I have never noticed this (what I consider to be 'contamination' of my Lightroom collections) before, is this a new 'feature'?  If so it's very annoying.  I am now continually confronted by a notice asking me "Please enable access to images" or words to that effect,  I don't want that.

There seems no way of removing them en mass, I do note that the ones I have removed from the iPad Lr collection appear to have gone from the iPhone too which is a slight relief.

If this is an 'enhancement' of Lightroom Mobile upgrades, it's very unwelcome, to me at least.  It should be presented as something to opt into, rather than something to opt out of.  I now have to remove over 300 iPhone images individually from my Lightroom collections on my iPad.  Unless of course you can suggest a way of removing them en mass?

The images taken with my iPhone are almost without exception of a utility nature, totally unrelated to the images I keep in my Lightroom collections.  I do NOT want to mix them.

Best regards,

Robert

• 3. Re: Unwanted iPhone images mixed with my Lightroom Mobile images on my iPhone
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To remove them en masse, select them all in Lightroom Desktop and delete, not remove. You're only deleting the copies that have been brought into Lightroom.

I'm the opposite. I like the feature, which has been there since day 1.